Kiln Space On Offer ..... List of Offers on Page 1

Started by Les, April 15, 2007, 11:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les

I can't really find a more appropriate spot for this thread, so I'll bung it here....

I thought that it would be  really useful if anybody who is willing to help out newbies with kiln space for annealing could add their offer / details to this thread.... then any new bead makers will know instantly who to approach...

I shall make this a sticky, so that any kind offers of help do not get lost in time..... I remember how valuable the help of Su and Mike at Tillerman beads was to me when I was starting out...

So.. if anyone doesn't mind helping out the odd new beadmaker with a bit of kiln space.. then just add your name to this thread...

Any arrangements to be made are between the two parties... and nothing to do with forum policy

One other important thing though... the person annealing the beads can in no way be held responsible for any breakeges whilst in the kiln.....

Thanks folks..

Les xx

===========================================================================================

Below is a list of people who have offered to anneal beads for other people. I have not added the location, as not everyone would want that information posted. However, I'm happy to add it if you'd like to give me permission. I'm guessing most people post their beads anyway, in which case location doesn't really matter.  :)

If you're listed but no longer able to offer annealing, please let me know and I will remove you from the list. If you're not on the list and would like to be, just add your details to this thread and I will update the list.

As stated above, any arrangements made are between the two parties... and nothing to do with forum policy.

Also, the person annealing the beads can in no way be held responsible for any breakages whilst in the kiln.

Les
Shirley
BeadySam
ClareScott
Redhotsal
Strawackie
ebj
TheJanie
Trudi (aka Kooks lady)
Pat from Canvey
GlassOcean
DizzyDi
Sparrow
Kay
julieHB
Black Heart Beads
Flyingcheesetoastie
sublimekatie
Katiequiggle
Soozintheshed
Laney
flowerjasper
princess pink
Failariel colette
Nikki
Veebee
Tracy
Sarah 999
Gay

Les

I'll kick it off ..... I don't mind helping anyone out ... just PM me and we can arrange something

Les xx

Shirley

I can offer kiln space. Just send me a message if you need help :)
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

beadysam

annasjewellerybox

i have no kiln, although i'm not "new" when i am making beads again, in august, is it ok if i contact one of you, i obviously don't mind paying etc.  :D

*Nicky*

littlegiggles

Clare Scott

I have kiln space too....if that helps anyone! :D

Redhotsal

I have kiln space - you can send them to me too - pm or email me for details. You'll find most people are happy to put in other peoples beads in with their own if they batch anneal. I have a very large kiln so it's no trouble for me. BUT -  in my case, take your beads off the mandrels,  and I think it is good etiquette to put in sufficient money to cover the postage and packing back to your address.
Sally

Carol

Quote from: Karen on June 08, 2007, 08:21:19 AM
Hi, anyone with kiln space in/near Edinburgh?  :)

Sorry Karen - I managed to miss your post  ::)
I'm across in Fife if that's any use to you?
Carol

ebj

Hi - I missed this post - I'm in Edinburgh!

My mum runs a shop here and I teach Silver CLay and in the near future there will be a kiln/studio in the shop for use - but in the meantime I'm happy to batch anneal them in my own for you. Drop me a pm

Emma x   
Emma

Art Clay Senior Instructor & Lampworker

www.emmabaird.wordpress.com

Zeldazog

Hi,

I'm a newbie, first post!

Fantastic idea to offer kiln space, can I add my comments?

Is this specifically for bead annealing, or does it include kiln space for fusing too?

And, would locations, kiln size be useful to those of us who don't know the community yet.

I have recently finished a glass fusing and slumping course, and I am going to university in September, but I don't know whether I will have access to the kiln especially for small jewellery bits. 

Even if I have, I don't think I can last all summer without access to a kiln!  (I am looking at buying a small one, but funds say no just yet!)

So, I am based in midlands, Nottm/Derby, looking for kiln space!

beadysam

Well, personally I'd be happy to offer space for fusing too - however, I've never done any so I wouldn't have a clue about schedules etc. ???  Also the person wanting to fuse would have to live nearby so they could arrange their pieces themselves.  Annealling beads is easier as they can just be popped in an envelope and sent through the post! ;D

Zeldazog

Good point, Beadysam, that for fusing, the "borrower" would have to arrange themselves (can't really post my jewellery peices, think they might come to bits in the process!), hence why I suggested kiln space on offer also include a location.

Zeldazog

Anyone with Kiln space on offer Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire?

I just finished college (I was doing an Art Foundation, but also took an evening NOCN class in glassing fusing and slumping techniques) -  and I am getting withdrawal symptoms cos I have no access to a kiln!

Hopefully I will get access again (if) I go to Uni in September (mature student, single parent, hard decision!), but I don't yet know their policy on use and abuse of said equipment!