LPG and hothead torch

Started by Scubeadoo, November 16, 2008, 03:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scubeadoo

Has anyone tried runing a Hothead with a bulk connection from one of the user refillable LPG bottles that you can now buy from caravanning suppliers ( I'm thinking of gaslow or similar)
The idea has struck me as
1)We are thinking of getting refillables for our motorhome.
2)The LPG sold in petrol stations for vehicles is a propane/butane mix - I think MAPP is also a mix of propane and butane

Marion
www.etsy.com/shop/Scubeadoo
www.folksy.com/shops/Scubeadoo

glassworks

hi chap...

a hot head will happily work with bulk gas - but you need to try out different "blends" of propane/butane in tanks as some have "anti-freeze" formulations for winter which can cause excess soot...

there are plenty of threads on here about bulk kits etc for hotheads - and even one i saw recently with where to buy the bits yourself.. i'll see if i can find the link to that thread - or maybe some other kind soul has it tagged somewhere?...
;)

Kaz

Quote from: Scubeadoo on November 16, 2008, 03:20:40 PM
Has anyone tried runing a Hothead with a bulk connection from one of the user refillable LPG bottles that you can now buy from caravanning suppliers ( I'm thinking of gaslow or similar)
The idea has struck me as
1)We are thinking of getting refillables for our motorhome.
2)The LPG sold in petrol stations for vehicles is a propane/butane mix - I think MAPP is also a mix of propane and butane

Marion

Have used this in Australia but I have to say it is not as reliable/clean as propane - so I did end up chucking out quite a few mucky beads.
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!