Hanging fused glass artwork

Started by Pam, January 24, 2007, 06:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pam

Please can anyone help me with the following
1) What metal can be encased to make a loop for hanging fused glass artwork.
2) Where can I puchase secure metal brackets/fixings for flat artork to be wall mounted
3) What adhesive is strong enough and transparent enough to use to mount glass onto mirror surface.
Thanks guys and gals.
Pam

handmadeheaven.biz

1) i tend to use copper wire. works well and turns a nice deep red/purple in the kiln. the wire outside the piece goes black but u can buff the black bits off

2) there's a chap on ebay selling 'stand-offs' but i've not used him as he's not cheap and not terribly customer-service orientated. he was a bit rude when i asked a question. when i get some i'll buy from the states i think. seems very hard to get hold of standoffs over here.

3) it's hard to get a perfect finish with mounting clear glass. i've been using clear bathroom sealant as there's a bit of give in it so the piece doesnt crack (i used to use e6000 for mounting art but had my fave piece crack. the glue was probably stronger than the glass!)

hope that's a little bit helpful??

BlueMoon

I use Nichrome wire.....hi temp wire or sometimes called stamen wire for hangers.

Three is a company in the states called Hang Your Glass that makes some nice stand-offs and wall brackets for displaying fused work. There web site is http://www.hangyourglass.com/

Kilns, Torches, Tools & Supplies for Lampworking and Fusing

briar

www.warm-glass.co.uk stock the full range of Hang Your Glass stuff in the UK!