Gas regulators and gauges

Started by ruthberenbaum, November 04, 2008, 12:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruthberenbaum

I've nearly finished kitting out my shed to work in and went along to British Oxygen to get an oxygen gauge and flashback and propane regulator and hose. I was shocked at the cost and wondered if they have to be from them. Has anyone got any advice where to get equivalent ones? Has anyone got cheaper ones that are ok? I wonder why they are so much more expensive at BOC compared to welding suppliers. Are they more reliable and safer? 

glassworks

i seem to remember that you had to get an account with BOC to get the oxy, and thus they have a lock in on the guages too...

try to find a local welding supply store - as they may be able to sort you out with one as a package deal?.. you need to have the the hose and all made up anyway.. check if they do quick disconnects too - if not i know marting does them.. the safest thing to do with high pressure oxy when you are done for the day is just to pop the quick disconnects apart..

i got my stuff from these guys and they are great... http://www.gasworld.com/company.php?cy=100239

Bluebottle

I get my stuff from here  www.bes.co.uk  good quality and fast service HTH

Mike

ruthberenbaum

Thanks I'll look into them. I'm based in North London so any suppliers near me would be good.

Yellow friend

I have an oxygen regulator, flash back arrestor and hosing up for grabs bought from BOC - I have only used this on 1 bottle of oxygen bought about 2 months ago. So they're near enough brand spanking new but now surplus to requirements. I got through an X sized bottle within about 5 days. (I do about 3 hours a day) I have now bought an oxycon.  I live just south of London - you're not anywhere near Dulwich are you, cos my hubby will be working in that neck of the woods for a few days (that's if you're interested of course :o)).

Shelia
www.crocosmiajewellery.com
www.crocosmiajewellery.etsy.com

ruthberenbaum

Sheila, you're amazing! I'm so grateful for your reply. How much do you want for them? They must have cost you a lot. I'll come and get them if you're sure you don't want them. Just let me know where I can meet your hubby. Thanks again.
Ruth