Which Kiln????

Started by Pixiedebs, October 30, 2008, 10:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pixiedebs

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the lucky position that my husband has offered to buy me a kiln. It's purely guilt money as he spends a lot of time working away - well he calls it working LOL!!! 

Anyway I'm looking at working with glass and PMC so I'll need a kiln that does both.  I've baffled myself with the amount I've looked at and was hoping to get some advice.  All is gratefully received.

Pixiedebs.

Dragonfire Glass

I have an SC2 with bead door which is great.

Soozintheshed

The Sc2 is great, it does fusing too, or if you just want a bead kiln the MAXI or MAXIne (Maxi but pink) from Kilncare is a nice kiln.
Sooz     '(0,0)'

www.thebeadshed.co.uk
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Bead-Shed

Katiequiggle

I'm going for a bead cube next week.  I'm very excited.

Zeldazog

Pixiedebs,

Take a browse through the threads in the Kiln Doctor section of the forum, as well as an earlier one started by Kevie in this section called "Kiln Options" - there's lots of useful comments and things to think about (hope it doesn't confuse you even more!)

Pixiedebs

Thanks for the advice everyone.  I have finally decided on the SC2 with bead door but I have one more question.....Is a window necessary or will I just end up watching for watching sake???

Cheers

Vicki

I have a window, but you can't see much through it  :D

Pixiedebs

I have finally done it!!!

I have ordered my SC2 BW today and it will be here on Tuesday.

Happy Friday everyone.

aoturoa

Wow, Pixiedebs. Can I borrow your husband?  :P  ;D

Pixiedebs

Hi Helen,

I might consider it for a small fee  :D.

DI

Quote from: Pixiedebs on October 30, 2008, 10:05:56 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm in the lucky position that my husband has offered to buy me a kiln. It's purely guilt money as he spends a lot of time working away - well he calls it working LOL!!! 

Anyway I'm looking at working with glass and PMC so I'll need a kiln that does both.  I've baffled myself with the amount I've looked at and was hoping to get some advice.  All is gratefully received.

Pixiedebs.

We've got a 'Bead Cube' here - we use it all the time. It has quite a small chamber but it is surprising how much you can get in there. It goes up to 950 C so will do enamelling, PMC, fusing, casting as well as annealing. It's from Kilncare and costs 425.00 including delivery. www.kilncare.co.uk. Kilncare will upgrade it when it gets too small for you using the same controller which comes with it but is seperate and plugs in so you don't have to buy a new one. A brilliant little startup kiln. We'll be demoing it on 7th - plug plug :D

Les

I've had a poke about the bead cube .... it's a lovely entry level piece of kit :)

xx