2 torches one propane tank???

Started by mindy23, October 30, 2008, 03:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mindy23

Hello

WOnder if anyone can fill me in on this little query.  I want to set up a second torch in my studio ( ahem, hut) for teaching.  I have  a minor besides my lynx , each having their own oxycons.  But, do I need to get a whole new propane reg set up and a second bottle or can you run 2 torches of one bottle.  If you can does anyone know how or where to get the "thing" that would make it all possible??  Seems there's always something else to find out!!

ANy info as ever is greatly appreciated.  :)

Mindyxx

It could be much worse, but... it could also be much, much better...

Ian Pearson

Yep can be done and done it myself but watch out when balancing gas pressure.i.e. when one flame turns up, others could go down. Have got around this but more expensive by placing a regulator on each limb to burner. I got my parts for BOC agent. However I use two propnae cylinders now serarately. Always have two in stock as could always run out when upplier is closed and need to switch over quickly.

Ian

glassworks

Shirley

When I got my bobcat I had Martin make up a splitter for me so I could have my hothead set up too. It has three little taps so you could use three torches. I've never had more than one on the go so I don't know about pressure, but I'm sure it would be easily adjustable.

Chrystal (Jewelchiz) uses one too, and it seems to work fine. :)
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Diane

I have run two torches from my one propane tank - one Nortel minor and one midrange - no  problems

Maikki

I am running two torches per one bottle of propane all the time, no problem. I have Y-shaped thingie (I do not know the name of it even in my own language, so can not check it from dictionary) and it is having own switch in both legs. So I can open and close them separately. I have it in the bottle all the time and when using only one torch I just open that switch.
Maija-Leena

silverlemon

I have 2 torches on one propane 13kg cylinder no problem. I use a Carlisle mini-cc and a minor burner. The pressure doesn't seem to affect either torch when you turn them up and down. I bought a t junction from our local camping shop for about £2.50, that's all. El cheapo skato me!  ;D
but seriously it works really well, and I'm a very fussy one.
Bionic Sarah xxx    Sarah Downton On Facebook  My Etsy Shop

mindy23

THats great, thanks so much everyone.  I thought I was going to have to splash out on a whole new regulator.  I'll speak to the man I get my gas from and see if he can give me the bit that I need.  I think I actually have a y shaped splitter here somewhere.  I got it for my oxycons before I got the t shaped one.  Must go and rummage!!

Cheers

Mindyx

It could be much worse, but... it could also be much, much better...