My flame is burning orange?

Started by sublimekate, October 25, 2008, 08:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sublimekate

Nothing was going right yesterday, and when I looked over my diddys I noticed that the flame was quite bushy and burning orange  ???

I cleaned the torch (HH) and adjusted the propane pressure, but still orange, could it be a propane problem, I'm only half way down the tank, and it's been fine up to now?

K x

sparrow

Hmmm.....are you sure you're half way down the tank? That's what my propane does when it's run out......
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Ian R Pearson

Sometimes happens I notice when atmosphere is disturbed, ( like me!!!) through activities such as moving dust around, boxes, stuff etc..

Ian

sublimekate

Quote from: Ian R Pearson on October 25, 2008, 09:01:30 AM
Sometimes happens I notice when atmosphere is disturbed, ( like me!!!) through activities such as moving dust around, boxes, stuff etc..

Ian

Very interesting Ian, I think you've got it, yesterday my husband came in to the studio while I was torching and swept the floor, there were loads of leaves around because I have the door open, and he did comment on the amount of dust.

Thanks Ian, I bet that's it  ;D  ;D

Kaz

Unscrew the top and give it a quick shake upside down - sounds like some muck's got in there.
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

sublimekate

Thanks, but the HH is laid to rest (for now) Got my new torch now and picked my oxycon up today, whoooohoo.  ;D

Kaz

Ooooh that's really exciting Kate. Light blue touchpaper and watch that lady go!!!!
Can't wait to see your next phase of creating!
Congrats
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Trudi

One word of warning from me - when I lit my new torch after being on a HH I had too much gas on and you should have seen the flame!!
Enjoy!!!

sublimekate

I just can't believe how little gas you need, and it's so wonderfully quiet too  ;D  ;D

Trudi

Quote from: sublimekate on October 27, 2008, 01:50:02 PM
I just can't believe how little gas you need, and it's so wonderfully quiet too  ;D  ;D

Funny I was just saying to my Dad about that yesterday. About 2 months ago I bought some more gas as I thought my old tank was running low - and I'm still using the other tank!!