Bethlehem Torches

Started by Billie, October 08, 2008, 07:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billie

Don't know if anyone is interested, but Marcie Davies is stocking the full range of Bethlehem torches according to an email that popped into my inbox overnight.

Minnow is $260 (or $160 without base)
Betta is $470 ($370 without base)
Barracuda is $895 ($795 without base)
And apparently there are two tigersharks available, although these don't show on the website at $1379

plus two water cooled models for a huuuuuuuuge amount of money.

http://www.firelady.com/products.asp?cat=11

Thought it might be useful to know as I'm sure someone mentioned the customs level goes up in December (spotted that on a previous thread) and thought the Minnow without base might scrape through and save a little bit more than usual (think VAT still applies).  Marcie might be willing to reserve one and ship in December if asked nicely  ;)

Chameleon

Quote from: Billie on October 08, 2008, 07:28:41 AM
plus two water cooled models for a huuuuuuuuge amount of money.

Ah that'll be the PM2D that i want then  ;D ;D ;D  ( will be waiting for a lottery win)

Billie

Yep, that's them  ;D  The PM2D and the PM2D QUAD.  She also has a CC Plus Burner RP on her site.  I don't think James would ever let me spend that much money on a torch  :D :D :D

aoturoa

Those are some serious toys  :o

glassworks

the bethlehem saga continues... like quite a few other things - we love their products, but are deeply concerned about them...  8) :D ;D

Stacy

I can't get the link to come up at the moment (but I couldn't get it to work from the email I got either so I guess its just me!)

Stupid question alert!! Feel free to fall about laughing at my stupidity BUT... why does it need to be water cooled?? I can't quite get my head about what it is that the cooling bit would be cooling?? if that make any sense!

Billie

Dunno, but it sounds gooooooooooooooooooood!!  Goodness knows what temperature the torch gets up to to need to be water cooled.

Chameleon

it is the face of the torch that is cooled ... apparently the heat at the face of the torches can have adverse affects on the metal over time so the water cooling helps to lessen that and prolong the life of the torch ? least that was how I understood it from what i read

glassworks

yep, the gas supply "holes" erode as they get too hot and start to literally melt away... they try to use really tough steel up front - but without cooling you can burn your torch out over time..

Stacy

Ahhh I see now! Blimey - that must give off some heat then!!