October Challenge 2008

Started by Les, September 29, 2008, 09:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les

Hiya guys...... I know it's a day or so early for the october challenge, but I wanted to get it sorted ASAP, so I can get on with some other forum stuff.... so please forgive my eagerness this evening  :-\

In the light of  Anna needing to dedicate her time to her uni studies, we have figured that, at least for now, we'll simplify the  challenge/s ...... soooooo this month's challenge will be......... ( oh how predictable, I know.... LOL) .........

Untill we have assigned a new, permanent challenge moderator, the winner will be drawn by myself (well one of the kids, anyway) on october 31st :) Spooky eh ?? Mwahahahaahaaaaaaaa

Have fun.... beginners.... advanced....seed beaders... jewellery makers... anyone at all..... lets have some seasonal fun with our glass eh ? ;)

Let this be completely your own interpretation of what Halloween means to you..... colour, shape, size... it's all up to you :)

Have fun :)
Les xx

Oh and I forgot to say..... the winner gets the chance to choose the next month's challenge ;D

Les

well here's my teensy effort, to kick off this month's challenge....

Rachel B

Here`s a couple of sets from me:

Winnifred, after one of the witches in Hocus Pocus

and Frank`s Party, after a most misunderstood green bloke

Rachel B

Cheers Les!  And here`s a bead that my daughter wanted me to make, Bonehead!

It`s not brilliant but she`s chuffed with it and that`s all that matters to me! :D

Wishing Wells Glass

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!  I'm liking this one!!  I'm so prepared too!  Here are a FEW of the Halloween beads I've been turning out lately:

Cauldron with eyeball and teeny rat (tongue on back too.. haha)

Monster Families with coordinating dotties

Witch and her hat compound focal

Micro Ghosties.. they're SOOOO teeny!

Monster Faces 1

Monster Faces 2

everyone's favourite.. the Bat Trio!

Ok.. I should stop now.. but I LOVELOVELOVE Halloween!  I've had so much fun making Halloween beads!  I've actually called family members back home in Florida to ask if anyone needs Halloween beads for anything.  I think they all know I'm nuts ;D

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!  (I've already decorated my house.. lol)

Great challenge, Les!!

x

julieHB

Brilliant halloween-beads everyone. Keiara, I can see the theme inspires you - wonderful beads!!  :)

Here's an itzy-bitzy spider from me - it tries to look scary, but I think it just looks cute:

....had forgotten the insect research...spiders have 8 legs.  Poor little itzy, he must have lost 2 to a much bigger and more frightening creature..
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Dreams of Glass

I love all things Halloween, and these beads on here are FANTASTIC...love'em all  ;D ;D ;D

some from me

:)
Ingrid                         
xx

Pandanimal

I made some ghosties too and I'm feeling brave enough to share.
Lets hope I can get a picture posted without my hubbie here.

This isn't the way he did it but it does seem to have worked.

Chameleon

Can i hog ??? please please can i  ;D ;D

My man bought me this is a present and i accessorised it with a bit of lampwork hehe ...

details

was sooo much fun as it was totally not what i usually make and i got to play off mandrel a bit which makes a nice change (pumpkin, cauldron, spider) ;D ;D and have to say wow at all the other creations on here too so many very talented people  ;D

Ingrid and Keiara fab lentils, Im v impressed at how you can do designs like that on a fixed shape like that  ;D
Pandanimal, ace ghosties
Collette i love the little grey ghost
Helen the moving spider is genius  ;D
Les, thanks for starting this and I think you need to write a pumpkin tut, yours is waaay beter then mine  :D

sparrow

Well, Becky, does she look like a worthy addition? (still on the mandrel, I literally grabbed her on the way to the car!) Her cauldron bubbled over and spattered her  ;D

Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

beads-on-toast

here is a little something i made myself for halloween