Couple of Problems with Bulk Setup!

Started by amber0307, September 14, 2008, 05:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amber0307

Just went to set up my torch on bulk for the first time, have spent all day cleaning the house and was really looking forward to some beady time.  But not able to get the connector to screw onto the tank end of the hose :(

Other half says we may need a wrench/spanner to tighten it as it just keeps leaking when it is tightened by hand.  Got all my kit from Martin so I'm confident it's all in great working order, but it is still frustrating!  Anyone else have this problem?

Also, got the kit with the quick release connectors - is it safe to just leave the propane tank with the regulator and little bit of hose outside in all weathers or is that bad for the hosing?

What do the rest of you do?

Shirley

You will need something to tighten it. I use an adjustable spanner. Very easy, but make sure you are turning it the right way.

I've got the quick release and I love it. I put my green recycle box over the top of the cylinder when it's outside not being used so it keeps the weather off it :)
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

dinah46

Yep almost the same for me except that its an upturned wheelbarrow against the wall which keeps the worst of the weather off the tank

clasicat

Was just gonna post the same thing as Shirley  ;D  altho I don't even cover mine up it's been outside for the past few months altho it is quite sheltered where I have my bottle and I haven't had any leaks
Claire x

Caroline

I use an adjustable spanner to get it nice and tight too, doing it by hand just won't get it tight enough

amber0307

Thanks everyone :)

I just wish it wasn't Sunday as all the DIY shops are now closed until tomorrow! :(

I'm very bad at being patient, have 4 new tubs of frit from Sam and a whole package of new glass to try out!!!!!!! :)

TiaraHelen

I got some good tips about a month ago - check the thread containing words "ptfe tape". 
Helen x

Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth "you owe me".

TiaraHelen

Oh, and I have to say, I've had the hosing out in the weather all "summer" and it's not looking great, a little bit cracked, so I will be covering it up too from now on....
Helen x

Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth "you owe me".

Soozintheshed

We use those........blimey can't remember what they are called....is it 'o' rings, or bulldogs clips or something?  Anyway, Andrew is a bit paranoid so we have 3 on every pipe !
Sooz     '(0,0)'

www.thebeadshed.co.uk
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Bead-Shed

Pat from Canvey

Dragonfire Glass

I use a garden furniture cover over my tank otside & a wrench to tighten the nut. Do remember it has the opposite thread to usual!