Has anyone tried ZippZ Bead Release?

Started by dangerousbead, August 18, 2008, 02:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dangerousbead

Has anybody any experience of this bead release?
http://www.zingz.net/catalog/item/4114251/4109152.htm
I've just started to make beads again after a break of 3 months to discover I've run out of release. Tsk.
I was wondering if it's worth getting this as it's supposed to be fantastic and virtually eliminates the need for reaming.

Jane

Shirley

I never heard of it. Is there anything about it on LE?
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Mary

I have some, but I didn't get on with it. Don't really remember why, just didn't like it. Do you want mine?

garishglobes

I used to use it. I liked it on a HH - it was smooth and it did make the beads come off easily. But there were a couple of downsides. The mandrels had to be nice and clean or it wouldn't stick well. It could only be diluted with distilled water (according to the blurb that came with it), and it was fussy about being the right consistency. Wrong consistency or unclean mandrels and it would just flake off the mandrels before it was dry! It also seemed a little less 'tough' than the Smooth 'n Tuff I have now, and it flaked off easier mid-bead.
I will believe that it is easier to clean out, but am not sure at the end of the day that the difference was that much.
Also I'm not sure you can still get it over here, at which point I think I'd still favour the Fusion or Foster Fire.

dangerousbead

Quote from: Mary on August 18, 2008, 03:24:17 PM
I have some, but I didn't get on with it. Don't really remember why, just didn't like it. Do you want mine?
Thanks, but Emma, whose opnion I trust, and yours of course, seems to imply it's no great shakes, if you're throwing it away you can throw it my way otherwise you hang on to it for emergencies, Cheers anyway : )
Jane

Mary