Problem with smoky fuel

Started by Katiequiggle, August 06, 2008, 12:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katiequiggle

I've just changed to a new tank of propane today and my pale clear glasses are coming out with lots of streaks.  I did an implosion bead whih was rubbish because they clear glass had almost dark brown streaks in it, its vetrofond.  I tried a tiny bit of Shahlaas lauschia and that came out clear as a bell although it was only a tiny bead to test it out and not in the torch very long.  I seem to be getting problems with clear stuff.   Could it be the gas or my glass or just me. I gave the glass a polish on my t shirt first the gas was set to the normal levels I usually use so does anyone have any ideas please,  I'm hoping I'm not going to to have to lug the cylinder back and swap it again  :-\

Kate

glassworks

it does sound a little like crud in the fuel... try running torch and whilst running LIGHTLY tapping it with a screwdriver or something else metal... the shower of sparks will be carbon bits burning off, and they should stop after a few taps.. anything more means it is best to clean the torch out..

there may be a little crud right at the top off of the cylinder, try just burning it for a bit..

anyone else got ideas?....  ???

Shirley

Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

flowerjasper

i had a prob like this, couldnt get clear clear, frit going black/ silver,
i turned my hothead down a bit and worked higher up....
hope its not the fuel kate , what a pain to have to take it back ,
sandy x