learning to use press and mashers

Started by Katerina, August 02, 2008, 10:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandmabead

Quote from: shine-on2 on August 03, 2008, 10:25:06 AM
You may have to sit in front of a mirror - so write it on back to front!

Good thinking shine-on. I'm off to the tattoo parlour now  ;D

Trudi

Quote from: grandmabead on August 03, 2008, 11:50:08 AM
Quote from: shine-on2 on August 03, 2008, 10:25:06 AM
You may have to sit in front of a mirror - so write it on back to front!

Good thinking shine-on. I'm off to the tattoo parlour now  ;D

Ah  ha ... not so bizzare - there is a fellow nutter who agrees with me!

Pat from Canvey

I have a mirror in front of my torch so that I can see the base when I am making a blown vessel.

grandmabead

I bought the zoozii TabTile Duo Press and i have been looking at it for a few days and noticed that it is really deep. I will have to use a lot of glass to fill the shape..........has anyone used this press and have any tips for me please?
Thankee  ;)

♥♥Tan♥♥

The tab will be easier than the tile granny, glass when you squish it wants to spread into a round shape naturally, hence round presses will always be a bit simpler because its just guiding the glass in doing what it wants to do

Tiles are the same principle but may likely take more than one press, either press and using one of beadysams proddy tools push the glass into the corners or press, add glass to the corners and press again ;D

grandmabead

Quote from: tanok on August 04, 2008, 07:55:08 PM
The tab will be easier than the tile granny, glass when you squish it wants to spread into a round shape naturally, hence round presses will always be a bit simpler because its just guiding the glass in doing what it wants to do

Tiles are the same principle but may likely take more than one press, either press and using one of beadysams proddy tools push the glass into the corners or press, add glass to the corners and press again ;D

Thanks tanok. I guess i will just have to try it out and see what happens............and i will check out beadysams tools, thanks for the tip. You can never have too many tools can you?
;)