My torch has got hotter!

Started by Rachel, July 21, 2008, 05:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachel

Hi all

I've just had a move round in my studio.  Previously I was sitting in the corner with my back to the window.  I've now had a bigger window put in and moved my bench to under the window.  The weird thing is my torch now seems to be twice as hot.  I'm having a learning curve again trying to get used to the flame.  The 96coe glass I've got is melting like Effetre white.

The only thing I can think of is that the oxycon is working better now that it's out in the open and not in a corner? ???

Trudi

would be intersting to hear if anyone can shed any light on this!!

stephanie

I moved my oxycon out from under the table and into the doorway of my shed with the intake pointing outward, it definitely made a difference to supply, I was getting frustrated with my flame getting weak so often.

Redhotsal

The oxycon sucks in air in order to filter out oxygen so if you're starving it of fresh air it can't operate properly. Always make sure that the intake of the oxycon is not blocked up or impeded. The Puritan Benett oxycons also don't like to operate if the ambient temperature is too warm. Glad it's working better for you!

Rachel

Thanks Min and Sal - yes I think that must be it.  Even in this hot weather the oxycon is not going on to the amber light much - it went for 5 hours yesterday before it did that but even then it went back to green quickly.  Where I had it before it would be onto orange after an hour or so in this heat.

Don't know why I didn't think of it before now - DOH!!