NEWBIE CHALLENGE 4 - OPEN TO ALL COMERS - JULY THEME: FLOWERS!

Started by Kaz, July 02, 2008, 09:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

My hay fever is driving me bonkers so what better theme for the newbie challenge for July than flowers...
No tutorials - just do your own thing - can be on the bead, in the bead or be the bead - whatever.......
Although entitled newbie challenge - this is open to anyone who wants to join in whether newbie or old hand!
I will shortly post some of my flowers made since my session with Jazzy Lily....
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Donna@Rockin' Beads

I love making these simple layered flowers since watching Laura Sparling's demo at the Flame Off....

Lush!

Ooh, nice layered flowers, I haven't tried that for a while, thanks for the reminder Donna!  Love the colours you've used there Colette.

I'm enjoying making big focal flowers like these, although I get a bit dizzy from holding my breath throughout!  Unfortunately the one on the right is cracked, but I've already made a replica  ;)

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Dreams of Glass

Love those colours and flowers Donna, haven't done plunged flowers in ages, they are beautiful Collette. Don't even go there Julie, I just can't do that style with the petals, lovely  :)

Just taken these off the mandrels so excuse the bead release,

Ingrid                         
xx

julieHB

So many different styles, they are all beautiful!!

These are the first 2 encased flower beads I was happy with (after many tries....I still get them wrong):
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

sparrow

Wow, there's some serious prettiness going on here! I know some of you will have seen these on Flickr, but it was the flower challenge that inspired them, so.......

Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

sparrow

I've found a new passion in life.......
sculptural flowers!

:D :D
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

julieHB

Some fantastic flowers on here, all so different.  I particularly like Ingrid's set, beautiful, and Sabine the 5-petalled daffodil is pure sunshine  ;D

This bunch of flowers have been made into charms for the kids' teachers and TAs (I wasn't sure whether I should put them here or under the encasing challenge....encasing is still a challenge for me, I never know if a bead is going to come out OK or not):

Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr