Lentil press

Started by Mand, July 02, 2008, 04:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mand

Moi again,

After having bought a lovely little combi lentil press (15mm), I have found it a tad tricky to work with.  :-\ (Bad workmen blame their tools I know! - I'm a not-so-new-beginner and want to try lots of stuff out!)

I'm wondering if I might be better trying a slightly larger lentil press to get the hang of i? Does anybody please have a 19mm lentil press they'd be willing to loan me for a couple of weeks? I'm 101% trustworthy! and w ould even pay in chocolate if fees were required.... ;)

Vicki

Hi Mandy, I have a 20mm one, but I use my lentils so much I wouldn't realy want to let it go for even the shortest time, but if you want to come over one day you can have a play with it, you could bring the press you have & maybe I could help with your squishing problems :)

turquoise

I found that if you start with the small and medium size one after a few goes you get the idea, I was trying to press the glass too quick and getting into a panic in case things stuck or shattered. You will get the hang of it soon I am sure. Keep trying. 8) 8) :o

www.morellobeads.co.uk

fionaess

Just remember 2 little beads either side of a big bead and measure your mandrel on the press after winding on your first little bead - that will tell you where to put your next little bead.. then fill in the middle :)

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

Mand

"Hi Mandy, I have a 20mm one, but I use my lentils so much I wouldn't realy want to let it go for even the shortest time, but if you want to come over one day you can have a play with it, you could bring the press you have & maybe I could help with your squishing problems".

Thanks Vicki, that would be great! I'll PM you later or tomorrow - DH just arrived with chinese takeaway...... :P ;D ::)
Mand x

Vicki

Oooh yum, maybe I should come to you instead :D