THEME 13 - Encasing - June - July 08

Started by beads-on-toast, June 02, 2008, 12:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beads-on-toast

Here it is!

This is the 13th theme challenge on Frit happens and it is for two months , and it is

Encasing

I am not the best at encasing, and so this will be a challenge for me also, this is for ALL encasing, which does not stop at the usual clear, so get your thinking caps on. Maybe you like Lavender over periwinkle, or you love florals. We should get a really good showcase together.

Encasing = Transparent over another glass.

Sound good?

So lets go!!!

The next Theme challenge will be started in August

turnedlight

Like this? It brings out the pale blues/ greens in the Aion.
kathryn

Amber

I love making these encased nuggets!  :)

Lush!

I love those Amber - and I've got a couple of similar spacers in this set.

(Can't believe I'm actually posting in an encasing challenge, I am conquering the fear of this technique!)

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

sparrow

Wow ladies, I love all those summer colours. The bead is not the best, neither is the photo, but I haven't posted photos in nearly two months, so I thought 'what the heck' :D

Some DH odd lots, black, gold leaf, and encased.
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Donna@Rockin' Beads

I love doing these swirly beads (I hope it's ok to put it in encasing  :)). This is Beady Sam's Fire Frit in Vetrofond clear.

Modified to add....OMG, I hadn't noticed all the tiny bubbles before :-[. Maybe it was Effetre clear not Vetrofond ;D

Kaz

I didn't think I'd put anything in here, but I made these yesterday in orange and dark rossata - each one made separately and have turned out pretty much the same size. Not even annealed or cleaned them yet as I was so excited!

Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

emjee

Encased froggies........

Seen at corina's website... had to try it at home!!! ;D

Marion

www.emjee-beads.nl
www.emjeebeads.etsy.com

turnedlight

Cool! I don' think I could encase someting 3d like that! I just wanted to add another encased bead I'm pleased with, though it is boring old clear..

kathryn

Bumpy Beads

I love the froggy! And the silver core is goooorgeous.

I can't remember if I showed these elsewhere or not, but as they're encasing they fit here!

Blue over red;

Blue over yellow;

Light aqua over dark aqua;
Heather

My Etsy Shop

Lush!

I love Kaz's orangeys and Heather's frosties.

These are white beads, encased in clear and dotted then etched for a fruity frosty finish!

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com