oxycon output

Started by turnedlight, May 21, 2008, 08:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnedlight

Ok, I have set up my new torch, run it along with my new oxycon - all looks well, but I don't get how you know how much pressure is coming out of the oxycon? There's a clear tube with numbers on, a dial below (I twiddled it but nothing seemed to happen..) Could anyone just tell me briefly how to use it properly? ??? :)
kathryn

julieHB

Wasn't there any instructions from Martin?  Anyway, you're not supposed to twiddle that dial, it has been set by Martin - if it is anything like mine, turn it full, than back one turn.  Leave it.

Close valves on torch.  Turn on oxycon and open propane. Open propane valve on torch a little bit, and light it - adjust until flame is approx. 15 cm (6 inch).  Open up oxygen valve on torch carefully, now you should see the little ball in the tube rising.  When it is between 4 and 5 ik's ok.  Adjust propane until you have a neutral flame.

Hope that helps!
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

SueP

Yep that's how I do it I also have to adjust the regulator on the propane a bit I tighten it down until I think it is right then once I have the oxygen set give it a final tweak to get my flame right.  DH told me I should loosen the propane regulator each time I turn of the gas at the cylinder as it takes the stress off the membrane  ;D ;D