NEWBIE CHALLENGE 3 (MAY/JUNE) CATS - OPEN TO ALL COMERS!

Started by Kaz, May 16, 2008, 08:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

Ok the next newbie challenge is entitled cats (a subject close to my heart)!
No tutorials - just do your own thing - it can be a whole cat, cat face, something cat related, cat patterned etc. etc.
Although entitled newbie challenge - this is open to anyone who wants to join in whether newbie or old hand!
I'll start this off with some beads I made ages ago and called tabby cat as they remind me of the funny browny-green of tabby fur - made from white swirled with Sam's sargasso frit.

Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Kaz

Thanks Amber!
Here is Mili or Mala - first attempt!

Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

dangerousbead

Here's my kitty offering, my first ever critter, I'm fairly pleased with him.  ;D

Kaz

Another one from me - saw something similar in The Flow and based it on that...

Based on Mili and Mala again!
Kaz

Amber

Kaz

This is either a very scary cat wearing a toupe or a gremlin!!!

Kaz

kaatje

I like this challenge! (I'm crazy about cats).

I like all the beads posted here, they all seem to have their own typical character, just like real cats!
The beads below were made already a long time ago, but I still like them!

These two were made once for a challenge on a dutch forum and I believe the example was from Sharon Peters (not sure though).
Love, Karin

kaatje

Oh Kaz..... I'm in love with those two Bengal kittens of yours!

I only got two ordinary cats, but I love them to pieces!

Love, Karin

dangerousbead

Spot the decoy!

from a loony mate in Brighton, after I had sent her the one facing the wall,  she wasn't allowed to have a cat in her flat so ...