oxycon heat

Started by beads-on-toast, May 02, 2008, 05:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beads-on-toast

Hey guys

on the spongy bit on the right hand side of the oxycon, do you get hot or cold air out of yours and does it matter?

i thought my last one pumped out cool air but it's warm on this one

is it the air in or outlet?

Vicki

I'm guessing the out is your torch, maybe its in inlet ???  I'm don't think mine is hot, I have my leg around it I would have noticed

beads-on-toast

my oxycon is really hot and 1 hour later it us still hot, where the black foam is on the right hand side

Sulis (Hazel)

Hi Anna,

We downloaded a full manual from the internet for mine (Airsep Elite) - you've probably already looked, but if not, what make and model do you have? On mine, the black foam bit is the filter over the intake. It shouldn't be hot - I don't know if yours is maybe obstructed? If the black foam piece comes out like mine, you can rinse it under the tap. Is the casing on the oxycon also hot? Is it hot in any particular area??

I'm no engineer, but have been looking at mine and just thinking about what could be up with yours?! If I was closer you could have borrowed mine, but it's a long way to Hampshire from Yorkshire!

Good luck

Hazel x

glassworks

yep, which model do you have?.. the black filter foam is USUALLY the intake filter.. should not be hot?...

;)

beads-on-toast

puritan bennett 492a

it is like a fan has broken

there is heat rising from the black foam and it is hot within the unit where there is a little fan hole

glassworks

yep, sounds like the cooling fan has gone TU...  :-[

the oxycon is basically a compressor which gets really hot as it compresses the incoming air and forces it through the sieve beds...

i know martin will sort you out, typically the bloody thing goes offline on a bank holiday weekend!...  :P :-\

beads-on-toast

i'm just running out of time, i have a bead fair in 2 weeks, a week long work placement and no oxycon ARGH