bulk hose connections

Started by mizgeorge, April 29, 2008, 05:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mizgeorge

I am eventually going to be allowed to go on my annual visit home to the West Indies (I hope), and thought I might take my HH with me (and some glass of course....). Whilst the islands are largely fulled by propane (there is no other form of gas), I suspect the bottles probably originate in the US (there seem to be red/orange or blue ones available).

Does anyone know if the connectors are different? If so, what do I need to get to be able to connect my torch safely?

Thanks from a very confused novice!

glassworks

the threads will almost certainly be different, but a quick cheat would just to be buying a cheap regulator out there - that way you keep the torch end intact?..

sparrow

George, I can't help, but posting that question on Lampwork Etc should hopefully get you the right answers? I'm sure somebody will be able/willing to take pics of their set-up and describe it in detail?........Hope you find the right answers :)
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

mizgeorge

Good idea Sabine!

Q - I love the concept - but it's just not a regulator kind of place LOL. Most of the island is held together with jubilee clips and old bits of galvanize......

garishglobes

If its any help, I got one of those bulk set-up hose set all-in thingies from the US recently (I wanted to try it out and needed something for my back-up emergency HH).. that fitting does fit my bulk propane bottle here....