Oxygen Converter - what are they like?

Started by Soo, April 25, 2008, 04:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soo

It all arrived just before lunchtime today, I got it all set up and working by mid-afternoon and even managed to get an hour on it with my new torch. I had a bit of trouble crimping the propane hose onto the torch because I'm not quite strong enough - I had the contents of DH's toolbox scattered all over the floor trying to find something that didn't need too much ooomph to get it to fit tightly. Managed it in the end, just about stopped myself from demanding DH come home from work right now to do it for me!   

The propane flame surprised me by how big it was when I first lit it.

Shhhhhhhh ... it's sooooooooo quiet in my shed now!!!

I know exactly what Diana means when she says it "sighs", I'm glad I was aware it did that before I turned it on else I might have worried so thanks again everyone :-)

Soo

Wail!  :-\

My refurbished oxygen concentrator keeps stopping on me. I rang Martin who made some suggestions to try but they haven't worked so it's replacement will arrive on Wednesday. I don't want to reconnect up my hothead to the propane as it blimmin' ages to get the crimp on tight enough to my new torch, I don't want to do it again today and then again in a couple of days time - should've gone for quick release fittings!

Martin said to keep all the hoses so all I will have to do is reconnect at the oxycon end when the replacement arrives but it means three days with no bead making  :'(

Lush!

Soo, I use the crimps with a slotted closure so you just use a screwdriver to tighten/loosen.  I'm sure they've got a proper name, but I don't know what it is!

They cost about 30p each from DIY shops.

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

turnedlight

kathryn

Soo

Yes, I call them Jubilee clips.

Julie, you and my DH think alike cos he came home with some last night as a surprise as I was moaning about it at breakfast (though it says hose clips on the packet - probably a copyright thing). So, I can do some flaming this morning - in fact, what am I doing here when I could be making beads??! :-)

Trips off happily singing "All I hear is ... bu-urn da-da-da" (showing my age, very old Deep Purple song).