oxycon advice

Started by shimmer, March 30, 2008, 01:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shimmer

hi all,

i purchased a lynx torch and i need a oxycon to run it.......trouble is i don't now which one to go for......i cant hump big cylinders due to health issues,i don't even now the working pressure for this torch figure around 15lpm 20 psi ?????.......trouble is how reliable are recon concentraters and i know that its possible to get bigger units in the states but over in the uk i cant trace a supplier can u help me ?? thanks

Billie

www.tuffnellglass.com

I think pretty much everyone here who has an oxycon uses a recon one.  Martin Tuffnell is your man if you want a UK based supplier  ;D

Caroline

this place sells brand new oxycons, some of them are like having 2 oxycons in one, thhey are more pricey

Red rooster
Nauta House
Oldmeldrum, Aberdeenshire
AB546HE
Tel 01651872101 Fax 01651872098 email mmilne@swlroostrer.co.uk

shimmer

Thanks billie looking into getting a recon from martin .......out when i called today.

Caroline thanks also, contacted the company......mike was very nice to talk to but a jaw dropping price for a new concentrator quoted £1300 hocus-pocus.

Funky Cow

My oxycon shoves out about 4.5l per min
Cathryn xxx     

My Etsy: http://funkycow.etsy.com

Caroline

Quote from: shimmer on March 31, 2008, 10:09:21 PM
Thanks billie looking into getting a recon from martin .......out when i called today.

Caroline thanks also, contacted the company......mike was very nice to talk to but a jaw dropping price for a new concentrator quoted £1300 hocus-pocus.

yeah they are pricey if you want a brand new one

Sam

I would definitely recommend Martin ;D

The oxycons cost £250 and they come with a guarantee and if there is any problem he WILL replace it for you without any trouble.

I would also suggest that you talk to him about setting up the hose attachment for you.

I bought my torch and oxycon from him and got all the hoses and connectors set up too which made life a whole lot easier.

Good luck,

Sam. ;D

shimmer

well i got my oxycon cant yet start doing much at the moment ....still need to sort out the propane (not sure which size to go for?).....looked into the pb oxycon and it states u have to clean black filter every week this isn't the problem but the internal filter also needs replacing every 8000 hrs the machine i got has done 38,000 do you think this is high ....how long do they run on till replacing hope you might just have some answers.

Dragonfire Glass

Martin puts in a new filter when he sells them, but they are for medical use not lampworking so I wouldn't worry.

shimmer

Quote from: Failariel on April 13, 2008, 06:58:14 PM
Martin puts in a new filter when he sells them, but they are for medical use not lampworking so I wouldn't worry.

oh i didnt know martin put in new filters thanks colette

Ancasta

Tuffnells aren't the only lampworking suppliers who sell Oxycons. You can also purchase reconditioned ones from http://www.decorativeglasshop.co.uk/ for £199 excluding vat. One American lampworker recently told me to go and ask my local general hospital if they are selling any off!

Billie

Thanks for that link!  Have never heard of them, but their prices are very competitive.

Glassworks.be also sell oxycon's if you're looking for alternate suppliers, but don't know how the shipping costs compare to Martin's.