replacing part on oxy-con

Started by beadammed, March 04, 2008, 11:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beadammed

???
I picked up my oxy-con at Perth but I had problems attaching the tubing to the oxy-con as the thread on the outlet nozzle was out of kilter and the screw was going in at an angle and not allowing a seal.
Martin has sent me a replacement nozzle but I don't know how to attach it.  Anyone any idea?? Do they open up?  I don't want to haul at it and make things worse.  I'm pretty disappointed I can't use my new torch and am reduced to my hothead with mapp (bulk propane attached to inactive minor).  I'd booked a day off work so I could do some beading so I'm hoping someone can help PDQ before I hit the chocolate.....BIG TIME!!!!
Ta
Geraldine
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/strikingglassstudios

Kay

Fabienne's hubby had one apart for someone, might be worth a chat

edited to put the right name in LOL

Billie

Phone Martin.  I'm sure he'll talk you through it  :)

*rowanberry*

I'd prod Fabienne - as her lovely hubby sorted my oxycon out for me - or just prod Martin.
Claire

glassworks

if they are the older style oxycons they open like a book, with the hinge on the left.. there are two very long screws - one near the top and one at the bottom right if memory serves, which need to be undone.. the whole unit then simply opens...

replacing the threaded adapter should be easy - let me know if you need help - i can open one of our old ones and take some pics for you and check it out?..

8)

beadammed

Thanks Q,
I'll have a look for the screws. :-\
Geraldine

beadammed

Geraldine

Fabienne

Sorry, hubby is not about, he is working away (China, HK and Dubai) and won't be back until next Wednesday night.

Hope you get it sorted!
Fabienne
x

*rowanberry*

Wooooooooooooooooow! what exciting places to be working!

The screws for undoing the oxycon are under the black filter on the side, then theres one at the bottom in the middle, then it opens up like a book. Keep it upright though.
Claire

beadammed

Thanks a mill Claire ;D ;D ;D ;D
Job done!!! Now for some serious beading.  Only a man would have thought to hide the screw under the filter tho.
Geraldine

Donna@Rockin' Beads

Geraldine,
Was it really easy cos I need to replace this part too as it is threaded and leaks every so often, and have been too scared to have a go!

beadammed

OK truth be told.... It was my 15 year old son wot did it.  Simple tho.  The screws are ingeniously hidden but once found and opened (one under the filter very long) the oxy-con opened like a book.  We just popped off the hose on the inside, unscrewed the white knut holding the outlet valve in place, pushed it out and reversed everything to put it back.  I'm sure you could do it fine.
Or kidnap a 15yo  :D
Geraldine

glassworks

bugger, sorry about not sending the pics back geraldine - been tied up (almost literally!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D) with my spine cracker!...  ::) 8)

beadammed

No problem Q.  U started me off on the hunt for the screws.  I LOVE this forum everyone is so helpful and willing to share.
I've been in my garage since 11am yesterday ( had to come out to feed said 15yo tho) getting to know my new torch.  It's brill!!!  First few beads were disasters so I've decided to go back to the basics to get to know the flame.  I'm improving tho, wish was able to take a week off ;D
Geraldine