COLOUR 11 - EDP - Feb08 - Mar08

Started by beads-on-toast, February 01, 2008, 12:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beads-on-toast

Here it is!

This is the eleventh colour challenge on Frit happens and it is for two months is

EDP

Evil Purple!!! Mwah ha ha ha ha ha
You can make anythin that takes your fancy however it must contain EDP, this is an inspired choice as i have started to experiment with glass ronds i have NEVER used before!!!

A focal, a set a critter it is completely up to you.

Sound good?

So lets go!!!

The next Colour challenge will be started in April

Shirley

These have got EDP on them. Can't remember the exact combinations, but I think the base was opaque grey. The EDP devitted so I heated it up again really slowly and it came back to shiny purple. It also gave the fuchsia pink you can see. I was quite happy with these, and I think I might have to play again!
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Dragonfire Glass

Annelyse

Here is my contribution. A bit of a hog! Sorry I am quite pleased with them. ;D
These are not my invention though, they were made following a Kimberley Affleck's recipe after a fantastic class last June.

BeadyBugs

Oh wow - loving all the EDP beads Chrystal, Shirley, Colette, Annelyse and Julie!  You've got some beautiful combinations and reactions going on there.  ;D

It's a gorgeous colour when it behaves isn't it - I think I've only ever used it once before and made yukky lilac chalk beads with it, so committed it to the "mmmm I'll try that much later  :-\" pile. :D  Anyway, inspired by this thread I gave it another go, and have to say I love the colours it gives.  These are just EDP with a smattering of frit.

How did yours turn out Kay?

HP x

Helen P

Mary

Great beads here, I really ought to use this more often.
EDP on ivory, really shows the reaction.

beadysam

Okay, this is a very simple bead.  White base very roughly encased with EDP (to save money ;)) then dipped in raku frit.  The frit is simply melted in and allowed to move on the hot bead, then pressed to chill and bring out the colours.  2 views of same bead. Excuse the crappy shape! ;)

Dreams of Glass

Inspired by Sam and after losing nearly half :o a rod due to shocking...OK I'm a bit rough sometimes ;), I made my own frit and had a go..

1st one is EDP frit and clear, frit is melted onto the rod.

2nd is pink, blue, purple and EDP

last 2 EDP frit melted onto Begian Lace,

Ingrid                         
xx

Donna@Rockin' Beads

Well I finally managed to get some EDP beads together. None of them are anything special (although I love the way the orange shines against  the dull EDP as if it's been etched) but together I absolutely love them.

Lush!

Love that fish!

I've been having dotty fun this weekend - these are EDP, turquoise and opal yellow (not sure about the yellow spacers though, they're a bit bright to be opal yellow!)

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

mariag

Loving everybody's beads, they inspired me to have a play with EDP for the first time yesterday.

First piccie is Effetre black transparent with one spiral of    Second Piccie is Opal Yellow with stripes of EDP which I've raked around the bead.
EDP & one of Effetre white raked through.

I lurve EDP ;D