Contents of glass studio

Started by sandmor1, January 02, 2021, 01:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandmor1

Age comes to us all and sadly I can no longer do much in the way of glass fusing. I will have to sell it all. 2 kilns/glass/moulds and tools etc. But I don't know how I should go about it.
Should I sell it as a one off combined package or groups of like.
Should I advertise them on ebay auction or just on a for sale site.
I'm afraid I have never sold anything before and really don't know how to go about it.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sandra

Moira HFG

Sorry to hear you have to give up. As you say, it comes to us all eventually.

People used to sell on this site, it's still worth considering for the lurkers that look in from time to time, but most of the sales I see are on eBay and Facebook.

Ebay gets plenty of viewers, glass stuff seems to sell easily. You can either sell by auction to the highest bidder, or set a price.
On Facebook, search for the group 'EU Lampwork Destash'. A lot of glassy people use this to sell and buy, either setting a price or asking for bids up to a set date/time.

Things seem to go for around half to 3/4 their original value, depending on age and condition. Tools and moulds can go for more, if discontinued and/or hard to get. If unsure of the value, sell by auction and the market will decide!

Selling the whole lot is less work, but relies on finding someone who wants it all. There are many more people who would like just a kiln or specific tools.

Good luck with your sales!

sandmor1

Thank you Moira...that was a really comprehensive reply and is greatly appreciated.
Regards
Sandra.

Lynnybobs

Sorry to hear you are selling up but Moira has given some good advice there.
You could put some feelers out there on the destash Facebook page and see if there is any interest in the complete setup as a first step?
I guess money is tight for a lot of people just after Christmas so maybe smaller lots would sell better.
Good luck  :)
Lynnybobs
----x----

Nicknack

So sorry you're having to give up! I agree with the advice given, but, if it's fusing stuff, then Fused Glass Enthusiasts UK on FB would be a better group. There are often studios up for sale on there. Sometimes people ask if you'll split, can they have the moulds/glass/kiln etc., but you can decide if you want to, or if you'd rather it all went together. Best of luck!
Nick xx

Moira HFG

Whoops! Thanks for the correction Nick, yes, Fused Glass Enthusiasts UK is the right group.
I'm in both and got muddled!
(I think I've ODed on the Christmas chocolate :) )

Nicknack

I'm in both, too, Moira. Quite understandable.  Christmas chocolate has a lot to answer for.......... ;D :D

Nick xx