Stringers !!!

Started by fionaess, January 15, 2008, 12:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fionaess

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

June

Hey, well done, Fiona.  They are great !  ;D

sparrow

Oooh, they're brill, Fiona, I better get practising. A promise is a promise, here's my clever mis-shapen twisty-idea - unfortunately, my nasty torch turned it all sooty, and the loop needs work, but I quite like the principle!

Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

fionaess

Thank you both..... mind you I wish I could borrow your pairs of glasses,, you can see something I can't :D  They need a lot of practice but I think I have got the idea of how to make them.  I found a tutorial in  lampwork etc which was really useful... I wonder if I am allowed to post it on newbie tutorials?

Fiona

Kaz

It would be great if you would Fiona - I'd find it helpful!
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Shirley

Look like they're getting there to me. What I like about twisties is that you can always find some use for the wonky ones. Whoever invented organic beads knew what they were doing! ;) :D
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

*rowanberry*

almost 2 years later and i still pull a terrible twistie! I can do other complicated canes - but anything invloving twsiting seems to lead to failure! LOL! Luckily I find I dont have much need for them.
Claire

fionaess

Well, on January 15 I couldn't pull a stringer... Feb 10th..... here is a pic of my 27" twistie   :D :D :D

afina

Now that's what I call improvement!
Regards, Verena
Glasperlenwerk - My bead-site with blog (German) - http://www.glasperlenwerk.at
Vetromagic - Frit and fritblends in COE 104 - http://shop.vetromagic.at

fionaess

June

Fiona,

Wow, that shows what ppp can do - was it done on one leg singing ? !!!    ;D ;D  Well done

fionaess

Lol... in the end it was so long that I could hold the middle with my bare fingers and pull.  Oddly enough it was pulling wigwags that helped me a lot with my twisties... I found I had to control the glass and flame and most importantly speed and how I pulled the glass with my wigwags...

Fiona

Sal

Blimey-you must have long arms! That looks fantastic  ;D

fionaess

Quote from: Sal on February 10, 2008, 03:22:51 PM
Blimey-you must have long arms! That looks fantastic  ;D

Yeah Sal... very long arms, short legs and covered in orange/ginger hair... hee hee hee

Fiona

Sal

Quote from: fionaess on February 10, 2008, 04:47:36 PM
Yeah Sal... very long arms, short legs and covered in orange/ginger hair... hee hee hee

Fiona

We've got an bead-making orangutan in our midsts ;D ;D ;D