Main Menu

Gaffer powder

Started by Pat from Canvey, January 26, 2013, 12:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat from Canvey

I bought some of the powders from Rachael, (Beadbug)  and heres a simple bead just to try the medium blue on white opaque Spectrum,

I made it very quickly at the end of a session so don't have any more to show yet.

Kaz

I've been wanting to make pendants for ages but have really struggled with bails (both blobs with holes through or manipulating the glass into a loop). Inspired by Brad Pearson's pendants and with help from Helen G, Julie H-B and Julie Fountain, I made this yesterday with a bead style bail and I am so pleased with myself. It's a keeper - it fits perfectly on my Trollbeads chain and it is just my style!

IMG_0940 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr

Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

helbels

Finally got round to making another bead with one of Madeline's wigwags (I don't like using them because they look so pretty!)

Pretty pleased with this focal though:

IMG_0006 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

spexy

I somehow managed to miss this post until now.

This is the first set I made with one of Madelines wigwags

Lilac Wigwag Lampwork Beads by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

I made this one not so long ago with one of the rainbow ones

Dichro and wigwag bead by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

and then I had a go at making my own.

Crazy Waves by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

Hamilton Taylor

I made this marble a while ago using Madelines wigwags

WigWagRibbon3 by Sean (Hamilton) Taylor, on Flickr

Sean

lantana

Here's one I made into a pendant with George's lentil pin. I was trying for south western colours!

helbels

Hiya, me again... this set is made from from another one of Madeline's wigwags:

IMG_0029 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

helbels

Apologies if you've already seen these on the Gallery but I'm very proud of these as I made the wigwag they came from myself.  I must apologise to Linda (Spexy) who gave me the idea for them from her lovely black and white bead on an earlier page:

IMG_0057 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

Nicknack

Don't laugh!  Oh, all right then, I can see you want to!

Anyway, I made my first Goddess bead yesterday.  She's a bit wonky, but looks as if she's turning from the waist, and I completely forgot to give her a tummy button, and she would probably be better with a bit of legs and arms, but I'm not too disappointed in her.

Any constructive criticism gratefully accepted.

P5267704 by nicknack2014, on Flickr

P5267706 by nicknack2014, on Flickr

P5267707 by nicknack2014, on Flickr

P5267710 by nicknack2014, on Flickr

Nick

bellag13

Hi
Look what I did  ;D
this is a first on two accounts.
My mum gave me a hot plate so I could have a go at making petals and I managed to get them attached with out breaking
Then I did my first annealing straight in the kiln' wayhay' it worked  ;D
I really didn't think it would

Orange flower by BellaG13, on Flickr

Essex Girl

OK, prepare yourselves for a bit of a hog.

I have finally got round to photographing some of my beads, have joined Flickr and read the instructions for posting, so here are some pictures of items made using my beads. 

necklace5 by Essexgirl100, on Flickr

necklace4 by Essexgirl100, on Flickr

necklace2 by Essexgirl100, on Flickr

Necklace1 by Essexgirl100, on Flickr

bracelet4 by Essexgirl100, on Flickr

bracelet3 by Essexgirl100, on Flickr

bracelet1 by Essexgirl100, on Flickr

bhb1 by Essexgirl100, on Flickr

Karen
xx

Karen
x

Irene

So these are my very first beads pressed With my brand New beadpress. I have waited for so long for the presses I bought to finally arrive! I am pleased With these two as first go ever to press a bead, but I dont like the look around the mandrel holes. I Guess I should have made the base wider?

Pat from Canvey

This is a marble made with scraps of Spectrum stained glass. It's 31.7mm. Still a bit scummy but I've found the same with Effetre 006 as well. I'll try other clears to see if the scumminess goes away. I did melt and pull off the tips of each rod before using it in the marble. The stand is a makeshift one from the bottom of a roll-on anti perspirant, I did post some time ago that I do re-use the acrylic casings of these to store various bits and bobs while the inner ball makes a good base for crochet beads.

spexy

Do you ever have happy accidents. I had 2 this week.

First one was this bead, I don't know what I was doing when I made it but when it came out of the kiln it was a big fishy!

iris orange fish by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

and I accidentally pored some purple rose frit into a container of aurae frit. I scooped it out with a spoon and rather than waste it I put it to good use and doesn't it look great?

lilac bobble headpins by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr