Frit-Happens !
December 14, 2019, 02:32:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
your ad here
News:
Where are you?? Add yourself to the NEW FHF map here  | On flickr? Join our Frit Happens group: here

VISIT THE WIKI HERE
Get FH Status updates via twitter @FritHappens

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Schedule for a fire polish in the a Hobbyfuser 3  (Read 6257 times)
Flowers
Forum Member

« on: June 29, 2016, 02:10:51 PM »

Hi all
I have just learnt about fire polishing having recently mastered tack and full fuse in my new Hobbyfuser 3 Kiln.  I would like to learn how to do a fire polish and wondered if anyone would be so kind as to explain to me the schedule to program in for this using Bullseye glass please as I am still not familiar with self programming my kiln and have only used the schedules given to me that don't include a fire polish.
Thank you every so much  Smiley
flame n fuse
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 10:48:43 AM »

Hi, If you look at this http://www.bullseyeglass.com/images/stories/bullseye/PDF/TechNotes/TechNote_4_2015.pdf you'll see that firepolish temps are a bit lower than tack fusing. I would try a programme similar to your usual tack fusing one but set the top temperature to about 680.
GorgeousGlassGifts
New Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 06:20:14 PM »

When I have one or two pieces to fire polish, I put them in with my next tack fuse. It saves putting the kiln on just for a couple of small things, & does the job perfectly.
Rascal
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 12:50:46 PM »

I've used this schedule the last 2 times and it's worked well for me.

http://www.warm-glass.co.uk/images/Information%20Page/Basic%20Kilnforming%20Programmes%202012.pdf
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: