Logo advice needed please

Started by Quirky Bird, April 20, 2016, 05:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quirky Bird

I'm wanting to develop a new logo for my business to use on business cards, letterheads etc. In the past I've had rubber stamps made from drawings and photocopies that I've sent to the stamp manufacturers. Labour intensive and time consuming, then the dog chewed the stamp....

Anyway, I realise it's time I was dragged kicking and screaming into the digital age. I have seen a font on Da Font, but want to add some colour details. Would I need to invest in something like Illustrator, or does anyone know of someone who I could pay to do this for me? I'm guessing it would be a half-hour job for anyone who knows what they're doing - I'd need the format to be something that I could send to business card manufacturers etc (e.g., .jpeg??).

I have a technologically savvy teenager at home, but am a bit fed up of seeing the rolling eyes whenever I ask a question....

Any advice or recommendations would be most welcome!
A clean house is the sign of a broken oxycon.

Rachel S

I've been thinking of using someone like Logolane on Etsy - it costs £35 for a custom logo design and their examples look really good. They've been in graphic design for 10 years and the package includes 3 logo design concepts, unlimited revisions etc. Hope that helps :)

powerjen

There are some good online services that you might be able to use yourself for free where you' upload an image file and mess around with it, it depends on what you want to do with it.  There are free downloadable graphics packages for your pc too, stuff like GIMP & Paint.net which are very comprehensive and don't cost you anything.

Jen

Quirky Bird

Thanks Rachel and Jen, those suggestions are really helpful.

I like the sound of Logolane, as I am a technological disaster zone. I'll probably pay for a logo initially, then have a play with some of the software when I have a clear head and a bit of time spare.

Have to say that it's really frustrating not being able to use technology better to promote my business. I've searched for local courses, but they all seem geared up for people who are already literate with programs such as Illustrator etc. Feel like a real Luddite!
A clean house is the sign of a broken oxycon.