Oxycon assistance please...

Started by lizindorset, January 04, 2008, 11:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lizindorset

Eventually getting round to trying to oxycon going but having problems with the alarm going off.  Can anyone help?

I have set the pressure about 0, and when the torch is lit is hovers at about 4.5.  The flame on the torch is exactly as per instructions/book etc.  The machine is on the floor by the open door.  The voltage is normal.

The machine dips to below normal and the alarm sounds but there is no change in the flame, the pressure stays the same.

Getting a little frustrated as I really really want to get going......   ??? :'(

glassworks

hiya,

the alarm is purely there to indicate that at some point the oxy content dips below 87% pure... this is for medical reasons...

which type of unit is it?..

Q

lizindorset

It is the Puritan Bennett Companion 590i.

Can you over-ride the alarm?

Shirley

My dad (used to be foreman of a garage) had a little tip for when a light came on on the dashboard and no fault could actually be found.

Take out the bulb! :D

If the pressure is fine and the flame stays constant I think I'd ignore it or try to disconnect it in some way.
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

glassworks

the puritan bennet is slightly different but all can easily be over ridden... the beeping is annoying but literally only applies when the oxy quality drops below the 87% mark.. ask your supplier for the info, if not forthcoming i'll get the details of how to disable the warning from my guys?..

lizindorset

Many thanks for your help.   Have now disabled the alarm and all is quiet - nothing else seems to been going wrong at least!  Got a good few hours of practice in as well!
Cheers