Main Menu

some new work

Started by Marcel, December 22, 2015, 03:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcel

Here is some of my latest work :)

Rascal

Stunning work as always, my favourites are the hearts.

Marcel

Thank you ;) there fun to make too :)

Margram

Great work! I love the ruffled effect in the last one - like waves  :)
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

Moira HFG

All wonderful! I especially like the tooth. And the ruffly waves.
Your work is always beautiful  :)

mel

Really good, to me the texture looks like it could be ancient tool marks on napped flint arrows or axe heads. Does it feel smooth or is there surface texture? It's difficult to tell.
Laughinglass Lampwork Beads

GaysieMay

Love your new work Marcel. X
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

ajda

Quote from: Rascal on December 22, 2015, 03:29:11 PM
Stunning work as always, my favourites are the hearts.
You took the words out of my mouth - though my favourites are the "prehistoric" pieces, especially the toothy one.

Quote from: mel on December 22, 2015, 09:39:07 PM
Really good, to me the texture looks like it could be ancient tool marks on napped flint arrows or axe heads. Does it feel smooth or is there surface texture? It's difficult to tell.
Looks to me as if some of the textures are impressed on the hot glass (the 2 leaf-shaped ones), but that he's cold-worked the two hearts at the bottom, grinding the texture so it looks carved or napped - a technique we've seen Marcel use before to great effect. But I shouldn't be trying to speak for him... Marcel, step forward and explain yourself!

There's a guy on Murano, Luigi Camozzo, who does cold-working that reminds me of Marcel's - see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsD0DvJMsQ0 and fast forward to around 20 mins into the video.
Alan
www.ajdalampwork.etsy.com

Marcel

Thank you all and your right i dremeled the heart for a rough texture :)
it is hollow blown by the way :)
i am glad you guys like my work :)

Marcel

great video of  Luigi Camozzo!! thank you for sharing :)

Moira HFG

I love that carving technique and the texture it produces. Great video; and thanks for the reminder Marcel, all you need is a Dremel for small work. Another thing on the 'must try that' list.

I loved these pieces which I saw in Murano last June (and I'm happy to be remined of June, in this weather!):
http://www.inexhibit.com/marker/venice-the-sculpture-of-vistosi-at-the-murano-glass-museum/
They are blown, then finely carved over the whole surface.

baked glass

very nice, I'm impressed with the hollow heart.  I've been trying to do some blown shapes and it's difficult to get good symmetry.  :)

tuffnell glass

Hi Marcel,
                  Love your work and can't wait to see it in June.

Best wishes,

Martin
Tuffnell Glass

tuffnellglass@yahoo.co.uk
www.tuffnellglass.com
www.flameoff.co.uk

flame n fuse

it's all beautiful, and such a range of styles

Marcel

Thank you my friends :)
Can't wait to visit you Martin :) and thank you for the compliments