Perlenpresse bead liner

Started by Fluffstar, November 15, 2015, 10:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffstar

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the right place for this post so if it needs moving just say!

Has anybody used the beadliner available from perlenpresse?  http://www.perlenpresse.de/epages/63000406.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63000406/Categories/%22Beadliner%20und%20Zubehör%22

I ordered some tools from them recently and was impressed with the quality so I was thinking about investing in a beadliner as apparently there is no end to the magical lampworking things that I need want.  Just wondering if anyone's used/got this one and their thoughts on it?

Thanks!
Kathy

Fluffstar

Just updating this - my BM3 beadliner

http://www.perlenpresse.de/epages/63000406.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63000406/Products/bm3

arrived today and I've been playing with it - so far so good! 

Will put together a review with some piccys if anyone's interested?

Kathy.
Kathy

Mars

Lynnybobs

Yes please - a beadliner is another item on my wish list for when I have the funds and time to play more so any reviews are always of interest  :)
Lynnybobs
----x----

ajda

Yes - I'd be very interested to know how you get on with it. I've been designing one (in my head) for a while... I'm interested in theirs because it's so reasonably priced.
Alan
www.ajdalampwork.etsy.com

BeeBeads

I'd love to read your review of it, Kathy.  It looks very similar in design to the Impress liner but the Perlenpresse price is a lot better for us and no customs ransom to pay!
I wonder if I can sneak this onto my Christmas list  :D

theflyingbedstead

I'd be very interested too, as I haven't tried this tool, and it costs far less to buy than any of those I have tried. I wonder though how long a core it can handle before it gets too difficult to flare the ends? And also how sturdy the plastic components are?
I hope you have fun using it and I look forward to reading your review and seeing the pictures!
Charlotte x

ajda

Quote from: theflyingbedstead on December 03, 2015, 09:22:18 AM
I'd be very interested too, as I haven't tried this tool
I'm shocked, Charlotte - thought you'd done them all!
Alan
www.ajdalampwork.etsy.com

Fluffstar

I've done about 9 beads so far (emergency presents for friends who I'm visiting on the weekend... )  Learning as I go, but no immediate problems.

The best ones are definitely those with a deep dimple.  Here's the best one to whet your appetite! Will do the review early next week.  I'll add that I'm a complete and utter novice when it comes to metalwork.  I've been using the SS tube from perlenpresse which has a 0.3mm wall and haven't been annealing it and it's been totally fine... no splits or anything, but obviously I'm sure my life would be a lot easier if I annealed it first to make it soft! =)

Kathy

Jellybean

Beautiful! Well done! What sized hole is that? Love the finish  :)

Fluffstar

it's 5mm =)  Thanks!! =D  I'm wearing it right now!
Kathy

Pauline

can you remember how much postage was? conversion works out as £64,26 at todays rates :)

theflyingbedstead

Kathy - beautiful work! It gives a lovely rounded lip to the core. I always anneal my silver...but then that's how I was taught. If you don't need to then this is a bonus, although it might get tough going on your hands/beadliner if you are coring loads of beads!

Quote from: ajda on December 03, 2015, 04:48:30 PM
Quote from: theflyingbedstead on December 03, 2015, 09:22:18 AM
I'd be very interested too, as I haven't tried this tool
I'm shocked, Charlotte - thought you'd done them all!

:P  ;D ;D

There's at least 3 others that I haven't tried: -
The original beadlining tool by Lise Aagaard to line Troll beads
Maria Louisa's - http://www.beadpress.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=82_47
And there's another tool that looks like a G clamp which I can't find right now. I think it is European.

Charlotte x

Fluffstar

Quote from: Pauline on December 03, 2015, 10:56:07 PM
can you remember how much postage was? conversion works out as £64,26 at todays rates :)

€9.90, it arrived in just over a week :)
Kathy

Lynnybobs

Gorgeous bead and great job with the beadliner - looks like you have taken to it very easily !
Lynnybobs
----x----