Pliers that won't leave a mark on silver etc.

Started by Tonyb, April 29, 2015, 02:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyb

Hi,

Are there such things as pliers that wont leave a mark on head pins etc when using them to hold and bend the headpins?

Thanks

www.beadables.co.uk

flame n fuse

that's a tricky one, I haven't found the perfect solution, but round-nosed pliers touch less of the silver that flat ones. I also sometimes wind a small bit of leather around the jaws.

Gordon

You could try nylon jawed pliers like these or Parallel pliers like these , Both are available on an Auction Site somewhere on the Web, probably a bit cheaper too  ;)

DementedMagpie

Second what they both said: either a pair of nylon pliers or a bit of leather (preferably smooth and quite pliable) around the jaws. I've seen people use the latter to hold the item in one hand, while using the former in the other hand for bending it.
Kathy

Blog - Flickr - Etsy - Facebook

Pat from Canvey

GaysieMay

I wrap masking tape round the jaws of my flat nosed pliers, helps.
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

Moira HFG

mizgeorge

The best solution is usually to use half round pliers - one half of the jaw is round (for bending around) and the other flat (which won't mark silver). My favourites also have grooves to ensure consistent sizes

http://www.cooksongold.com/Stringing/Beadsmith-Perfect-Looper-Pliers-prcode-999-CB8G