Asked for demonstration. What about glasses?

Started by Hartofglass, March 22, 2015, 09:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartofglass

Hi, Several people in my women's group have asked me to give a demonstration of lampworking - which I would be happy to do as there is plenty of room in the studio. But I have only got two pairs of didymium glases!  Do I have to say no to the demo - or is there an alternative solution for a on-off demonstration?  Please help!  ???

Shirley

They should be fine viewing without glasses, although it won't be as easy to see. Just get them to pass the glasses round.
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

ajda

I'd agree with that. For a short period while you demonstrate it should be fine - but be careful to warm your rods so you don't spit bits of glass about! Passing the spare didys around is a good idea, so everyone can see how they work and appreciate why we use them - not just for protection but for comfort and clear seeing.
Alan
www.ajdalampwork.etsy.com

MyPrecious

I had the same problem a couple of times and just bought some cheap clear goggles from a DIY shop to protect them from any flying pieces of glass. The didys got passed around and anyone not wearing didys wore the goggles.
Kathy

My website

Hartofglass

Thanks for the helpful comments.  The cheap safety goggles are a good idea  :)