ventilation

Started by Sam, December 23, 2007, 12:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam

Hi,

I've been lampworking in the conservatory without any proper ventilation system just open windows :-[

Have you guys got any ideas how I should go about setting up a ventilation system bearing in mind that I don't have a wall I can attach anything to as the conservatory is off our dining room! :-\

Also, where do you get these things ???

Any help would be gratefullu appreciated!!!

Sam ;D

Shirley

I've got a hydrophonics extraction fan that seems to do the trick. I got a flexible hose so it can be vented outside, in my case through the garage door, but it could be through a window. Got it from Ebay - the guy put a normal plug on it rather then it having to be wired in. Ebay seller was spares_4_all but he doesn't seem to have any listed at the moment. Might be worth contacting him.
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Mary

I'm in the conservatory too, so to get round the "no wall" problem, hubby built me a freestanding box round the table. The fan is in the "ceiling" and it vents out a window. Here's a pic of it half done.

Sam

Thanks Shirley and Mary,

Mary, do you have a pic of what's in the ceiling?

I have told DH all about what your hubby has done and that he's got to sort something out TODAY!!

No more Scrap heap challenge, Top Gear and Places in the sun until he comes up with a few ideas!

Guess what he works in ??? Yes that's right VENTILATION!!!

He says he doesn't know a thing about oxyconx though!!

Any ides what I should do with him guys ??? ??? forget the ventilation!

Sam. ;D

Sandra J

QuoteAny ides what I should do with him guys forget the ventilation!

Sounds like a good idea! Don't know how long he'd last without oxygen though!  ;D
Sandra

Sam

He can survive on beer, no worries there!

I'd consider trading him for some vetrofond, any offers ???

Sam.

Mary

Well Sam, now my desk is facing the window. The small fanlight window is removed and the ducting fitted straight to the opening. So the fan (mine is a big Expelair he got through his work, but a cooker hood would do) is in the box ceiling, with ducting running from it.

The box also has sides and a front lip. Enclosing it a bit helps make it more efficient. It also has spotlights mounted in it, lol!

mariag

I've got a cooker hood set up in my shed, we got it from Wickes for £40.

Sam

Thankyou ALL very much for all your help.

He's agreed to go to Wickes tomorrow!! ;D

Watch this space!!!!!!!! ;)

Sam.

Sam

Got him to Wickes & B&Q yesterday yay ;D

DH bought some white coil like tubes and small square boxes!

Still in the bags but it's progress ;D Nagging really does work!!

Will keep you posted!

Sam

LittleMoo

Half way there Sam! I bought an extractor cooker hood from Ikea for £35 back in Aug and DH has just got round to fitting it today - woohoo!!! No more torching in the cold shed with the door wide open!  ;D

Sam

Great News Littlemoo! ;D

Sam.