Tools

Started by Nikki, March 17, 2015, 08:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikki

Just found this shop on etsy, looks interesting
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Lampworktoolscom?ref=l2-shopheader-name

My only concern is that they are in Russia and I have heard of a few people having problems with their paypal being hacked just after purchasing from Russia but on the other hand it would be a shame to miss out on some very interesting tools.

Arwynd

Some interesting things, but I wasn't keen on supporting someone ripping off copies of the Creation Station so blatantly.

mizgeorge

If someone comes up with a good idea, it will be copied. There are many versions, both home made and commercial, of the creation station already, and there will doubtless be more.

It's annoying for the person who came up with whatever it is first, but it's just business and you grit your teeth and try to come up with something new.

Of course, there's never any guarantee that the copy will be anything like as good as the original (from experience, they rarely are), so there's an element of caveat emptor - except that it's half the price (before factoring in VAT on import), which might make quite a big difference for a lot of people.