Wire for bracelet

Started by Tonyb, March 09, 2015, 10:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyb

Can someone tell me what pliable wire I should use to thread beads on to make a bracelet - and where I can get it from.

Thanks

www.beadables.co.uk

flame n fuse

I suppose it depends on whether you are wanting to make a bangle or a bracelet and whether you want the wire to show (as in wirework) or not.

Tonyb

Quote from: flame n fuse on March 09, 2015, 10:40:29 AM
I suppose it depends on whether you are wanting to make a bangle or a bracelet and whether you want the wire to show (as in wirework) or not.
Hi,

I don't want the wire to show - it will be completely covered by beads and not a bangle style.

Many thanks

www.beadables.co.uk

Glass by Trisha

Hi, have you looked at tiger tail?  It's a fine plastic coated wire I think and is very pliable so works very well for bracelets etc.

Cheers, Trisha

james M knox

My wife uses Beadalon 49 strand

like this: http://www.cooksongold.com/featured/beadalon

Beadalon 49 Strand Bright 0.38mm X 2m Wire

JMK

Shirley

Beadalon 49 strand for me too. It comes in different thicknesses too. Doesn't kink and break!
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

alan

I have a reel of .8mm copper wire. I can't remember where I got it from, but is that any good for bracelets, or will it snap if bent too much? If not bracelets, what is this normally used for?

A

BeeBeads

I'd avoid tigertail because it kinks and breaks.
Beadalon 49 strand is great stuff.

Pat from Canvey

Quote from: alan on March 12, 2015, 03:46:38 PM
I have a reel of .8mm copper wire. I can't remember where I got it from, but is that any good for bracelets, or will it snap if bent too much? If not bracelets, what is this normally used for?
You can use it to make simple loops or wrapped loops in your beads, http://www.nortelglass.com/toolimage/21121120actual%5B1%5D-20090811-010049.jpg Once your beads all have wrapped loops , you can join then together with jump rings making either a bracelet or necklace.