Beadcube or SC2?

Started by conras, March 03, 2015, 07:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

conras

What is your favourite - Beadcube or SC2 (with bead door)?
I have a small fusing kiln so it will only for annealing beads.

Thanks  :)

Rascal

Hi, I've never owned a Bead Cube but did choose the SC2 with it being bigger inside and I'm glad I did, I don't batch anneal and pop beads in the kiln as I go but due to ruining some due to 'bead kisses' I don't like my beads to touch and if I have a good day I can fill the SC2 quite easily, especially if I'm doing focals. So my advice is go with size and I've never had any problems with my SC2. But I'm sure others with experience of both will be along shortly.

Nikki

I have a bead cube and love it, I don't get to do long sessions so the size is perfect for me and Kilncare are a great company to deal with the service is fantastic.

flame n fuse

I have an SC2 with window and bead door and it's great, but Kilncare is British and I'd buy from them if I was buying again.

Lee - Kilncare

I don't normally comment on threads relating to our kilns V others but for some reason I feel the need to type  ;D.

Simply put, the Bead Cube is an out and out annealer, it has batch and garaging schedules already programmed in, it is compact, cheaper to run, comes with various accessories to get you going immediately. and you get our back up.
Saying that, it is capable of fusing as Flying Cheese Toastie has demonstated with some lovely small work.

The SC2 is bigger and offers a wider range of glass work meaning you can fuse larger pieces if you want to, they are also popular with the guys and gals on here, you can get help over here with them, we repair these kilns but obviously don't carry out any guarantee work. The only real downside is that you may need to get parts from America depending on what the problem is.

So I think it is purely a matter of choice and it is difficult to make a bad choice out of those two, good units.

There you go....absolutely no help whatsoever  ??? ;D

TWITTER @kilncare
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK FOR THE LATEST ON US.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-On-Trent-United-Kingdom/Kilncare-Ltd/238801689732

helbels

Depends what kind of thing you want to do with it really!   

If you think you are going to make a lot of large focals, or yearn to try fusing, then you might appreciate the extra space in the SC2.

If you don't torch for long sessions,  make small beads and don't yearn to fuse anything larger than a coaster, then the Bead Cube will do you fine.

I have had a Bead Cube for 5 years, I love it, I find it suits my torch time (I generally do no more than 3 hours at a time) and have never hankered for anything bigger.  But that's just me - your needs may vary.

conras

Thank you for your comments. I have a bit of thinking to do now.
I don't make longer sessions so I guess the Bead Cube will be big enough.

How fast do they warm up? - and Lee: do the price also include delivery to Denmark?

Regarding power - can I run the the Bead Cube on 10 ampere (220-240v) or do I need 13 ampere?

helbels

The Bead cube warms up in about 15 mins... Basically turn it on just before you start and it will be about ready by the time you have made your first bead.

theflyingbedstead

I have had both, and loved them equally. Space was at a premium for me a while back so I sold my SC2 and bought a Bead Cube, as I found I rarely filled my SC2 with beads, and I have a pottery kiln in which I can do PMC work. The BC is brilliant for warming up murinni and is so portable. And I feel safer with the controller being separate from the kiln...although I've not experienced anything bad with the SC2 except the relay needing replacing. When an offer of another Bead Cube and a Maxi came up I bought them thinking that a spare BC wouldn't be a bad thing, but they just keep on trucking, so I don't really need a spare!
Charlotte x

Lee - Kilncare

Quote from: conras on March 04, 2015, 08:01:32 PM
Thank you for your comments. I have a bit of thinking to do now.
I don't make longer sessions so I guess the Bead Cube will be big enough.

How fast do they warm up? - and Lee: do the price also include delivery to Denmark?

Regarding power - can I run the the Bead Cube on 10 ampere (220-240v) or do I need 13 ampere?
Hi Conras, I'm not ignoring you. We have set up a new courier account and it seems getting prices off them is not so simply so it may be back to the ones we used before. Either way I'll reply to your email today.
Yes, the Bead Cube is 4 amps in total so it will be fine on a 10 amp supply.

TWITTER @kilncare
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-On-Trent-United-Kingdom/Kilncare-Ltd/238801689732

conras

Just a quick opdate - I ordered a Bead Cube, it arrived in Denmark a week later, and I am so happy with it. Perfect size for my use!

Lee - Kilncare

Quote from: conras on March 26, 2015, 04:19:33 PM
Just a quick opdate - I ordered a Bead Cube, it arrived in Denmark a week later, and I am so happy with it. Perfect size for my use!
Great to here that you are pleased Conras.

TWITTER @kilncare