Northern Kilns - fusion series

Started by jackiesimmonds, December 10, 2014, 09:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackiesimmonds

Anyone have a kiln from Northern Kilns?  I have just found them on line...they build to your spec.    And they have an 18x18x9" flatbed at a good price.............

??

raul24

I have a front loader that i use for annealing borosilicate, great build quality, never had any problems with it.

Pat from Canvey

Essex kilns do reconditioned secondhand kilns. That's where I've bought from in the past but then I'm in Essex. Have you looked on Google for something similar closer to you or whether they'd deliver to your area?. Mine have been door opening kilns so that I can see how much farther the drop vases need to fall when I peep and I've been able to comb glass even though the door opening is not ideal.

jackiesimmonds

thanks to both of you.

I have had another look....Northern Kilns have brick interiors, and as I want one with a liftup lid, I would prefer to have ceramic inside rather than dusty brick.

I created a kiln out of a cardboard box, to see what the size of the Hobbyfuser (Kilncare) would be.  I put my biggest bowl into it, and my biggest panel...without problems.  I doubt I would ever want to work bigger...so since the Hobbyfuser can be used with a straightforward 3 pin plug, that is what I have finally decided on, saving myself about £1000 (plus the cost of the electrician and whatever he would need to bring along) by comparison with the next size up!   It will fit perfectly into a space in my garage with room for a table alongside it, just right, provided I don't freeze to death in there....tho I think I will work in the house, prepare indoors, and either construct at the kiln, or place items into it.  Hopefully this will keep me busy and quiet for a while!