Main Menu

Alison G

Started by mizgeorge, December 08, 2014, 11:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mizgeorge

I think this is probably the hardest post I've ever had to write.

I'm desperately sad to announce that our lovely Alison died last week. I haven't posted until now because I wanted to respect her amazing husband's wishes and give him time to contact as many people as he possibly could to let them know in person, but I know the news has now got out in spite of this.

I've known Alison for many years - since before her horrible illness, and she was one of the most inspiring, genuine and truly beautiful people I've ever been lucky enough to count as a friend. She dealt with some of the toughest times anyone could be asked to with courage, humour and stoicism. Her determination to just get on with things and achieve as much as she could should be a lesson to us all.

I should also say a couple of words about Malc, who has been her husband, carer, best friend and rock through all the good and bad times, and who remains all of that and more even now. He's an extraordinary person, and I'm so proud to know him.

Alison touched so many people's lives in both big and small ways, and her warmth, generosity and spirit will live on, but right now, it all seems very cruel.

Dearest friend, I will miss you so much.

chipperpottery

There are no words for this loss. I am sure her flame will live on, in the lovely memories you all have.

lampworklover

Such sad news, thoughts going to her loved ones. xxx

Purple Cobwebs

Alison was one of those rare people who could brighten up a room with her presence. I only met her at Flameoff, but she was so genuinely welcoming and friendly to everyone. She really will be missed.
Malcolms posts on FB have never ceased to amaze me whith how he has stayed upbeat and continued to fight for her wellbeing, and saddened me by the pain and suffering she has gone through. Life threw so much at them in the last year or so.
May she now rest in peace.
xxx
Gaynor
Making beads, cards and jewellery to raise funds for Viva and Dr Hadwens Trust!
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk

julieHB

Shocked and saddened when I heard these news. My warmest sympathies go to Malc who looked after Alison in such a wonderful way!! x x
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Blue Box Studio

Such sad news :'( My thoughts are with Malc and Alison's family. 
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Pat from Canvey

I can't find the right words so I'll just repeat Sue's. My thoughts are with Malc and the rest of Alison's family. Life can be so cruel sometimes.

Dragonfire Glass

She was a wonderful genuine, caring and generous person and Malc was a soul mate for her. She will be sadly missed.

tinker

She was so lovely, such a genuine, fun soul. So so sad :(

Lynnybobs

Very sad to hear this and although I never met her, her warmth of spirit and sense of fun has been evident in posts on this forum so my deepest condolences to her family and all that knew and loved her at this difficult time.
Lynnybobs
----x----

sarah t

i remember when i first met Alison way back when at the lusherie you told me George that everyday we have with her is a blessing and it was ,she was so funny with a wicked naughty sense of humour, so full of life and love despite all her health issues .she will leave a big gap in our lives so i cannot begin to imagine how her family and her darling Malc are feeling . i hope for all that knew and loved her That Alison no longer being in pain is of some help at this time of great sorrow

Margram

I only knew Alison from her posts on this forum and on FB, and seeing her at one of Di East's get-togethers, but I'm in bits thinking about her husband's loss :'( She was one special lady, may she rest in peace xx
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

Hotglass28

Such a wonderful lady, I'm so terribly saddened by this. My love and thoughts go out to Malc.

x
www.facebook.com/pages/The-Owl-Goes-Hoot/567182803365298
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheOwlGoesHoot?ref=l2-shopheader-name

June

Condolences to Malc and her family and friends. Such a lovely and inspirational lady who will be sorely missed. RIP Alison xx

Lyn G

George, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your lovely friend......your words were a lovely tribute to her.

My thoughts are with her family and friends.