Does the 5% rule apply to fusing?

Started by Blue Box Studio, October 27, 2014, 07:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowdrops

Lol, it' s nice to see other peeps hot footing around the house trying to bide time until the prezzies are ready in the kiln.  Sometimes, I'll put some on overnight just because I can't bear to wait, it's such a joy flying down the stairs and leaping over to the kiln as if it were chrimble   ;D

I use Elmers to keep the pieces stable.  Usually pop a small splodge onto a rail ticket or similar and, like Pat, I use a cocktail stick to apply it really sparingly.  It's not marked a piece yet. 

Lush!

I used a bit of 104 stringer by mistake and ruined a fused piece.  But I've also had problems with Bullseye opaque rods - they're not always suitable for fusing - aaagh!

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Kaz

You can buy Bullseye blends from Helen Blue Fairy on etsy.
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Blue Box Studio

According to the Bullseye catalogue, there are T and F glass, and this seems to make a difference.  Think T is for torch and F for fusing and some T will F and some F will T but you have to spot the * to know.

Thanks Kaz - will explore this evening - more frit, who would have thought I'd find a way to get yet more frit!
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Nicknack

Quote from: Blue Box Studio on October 29, 2014, 11:52:45 AM
- more frit, who would have thought I'd find a way to get yet more frit!

Watch out, Sue, this could be the start of a very slippery slope...................104 frit.................90 frit..............96 frit................boro frit.................dichroic frit............. ::) ;D ;D

Nick xx

Blue Box Studio

Can't have too much frit, Nick ;)  (although have just looked at my bank account and now need to stop spending even a penny (legs crossed) before 1st November when my pension should just cover the bills!  I blame my holiday  ::) )
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr