Frit-Happens !
December 09, 2019, 06:35:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
your ad here
News:
Where are you?? Add yourself to the NEW FHF map here  | On flickr? Join our Frit Happens group: here

VISIT THE WIKI HERE
Get FH Status updates via twitter @FritHappens

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ventilation making strange noises  (Read 1438 times)
silkworm
Forum Member

« on: September 21, 2014, 12:36:44 PM »

My ventilation suddenly began making a strange noise - loud, harsh rattle. It is a kit from Tuffnell's. I opened it up today and cannot see anything loose and am a bit reluctant to try to get in to the motor itself. Has anybody else had this happen?

Mary
Nicknack
Forum Member

To bead, or not to bead? ..... stupid question!

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 12:57:13 PM »

Mine does it when it thinks the flame is a bit hot, and stops when I make it cooler.  I think I need to move the end nearest me a bit higher, so it's not so near the flame.

Nick
Blue Box Studio
Blue sky thinking & a load of hot air
Forum Member

Just give me the coffee and no one gets hurt!

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 01:25:16 PM »

My progrow fan did that when it got too hot.  I've got the box variety rather than the inline kind - in the end it fell apart on me once it stopped and cooled down Shocked Next time I'd go for the inline kind, I was told they don't usually fail?

Glyn Burton
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 03:23:21 AM »

I had the same thing. The fans are made from a thermoplastic which soften and distort when they get hot causing them to rub against the casing and thus making the noise. In the end I bought a different fan and raised the inlet up a bit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: