Fusable enamel transferes

Started by james M knox, June 22, 2014, 10:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james M knox

Hi All

I have just seen the lates edition of county file (June 22 2014) on BBC  :o and noticed that one of the persons - Jane O'Neill of http://abundantglass.co.uk/- uses enamel transferes. Any one got any idea where i can get some of these made? - the transferes that is.... not Janes Stuff  ;D

JMKnox

fionaess

Why not ask her. She came across as really nice :)

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

james M knox

I aim to tomorrow.... I think its a little late tonight and I need to be more awake to write the email  ;D ;D

JMKnox

fionaess

If you do can you tell us what she say please.  I thought her work was lovely

Flyingcheesetoastie

I taught her screen-printing!  ;)

fionaess

james M knox

Quick note - I have just emailed Jane - now i'm just waiting for a reply. I will update here if Jane has no objection.

JMKnox

james M knox

All,

I have spoken to Jane, It appears that what she was talking about is not Fusable enamel transfers, but ceramic transfers - the type used for ceramics like plates, cups etc... It looks as though some of these (temperature dependent) can be used with glass as well.

I will be investigating further in the near future and will update.

There are lots of companies that supply these, a quick google search should find one in your local area if you want to also have a try.

Some of these companies do sample packs at a very reasonable price to play with and that is where I am starting.

James M Knox

Flyingcheesetoastie

These are still enamels, they are just hi fire on glaze enamels.

I've used Bailey Decals for custom ones but as they are digitally printed, your not going to get as thick a deposit of ink as screen printed ones. So you might be limited to fusing into an opaque background to see the imagery.