Monthly Colour Challenge May 2014 *Up and running!*

Started by Nammie, May 02, 2014, 12:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

glad to see this again, well done for 'volunteering' - i may well drag my sorry butt into a cleared out studio and see if I can still make a bead  :-[
Mark - Blog - http://beadsbeerandphotos.blogspot.co.uk/
Life is not a game - its THE game, so play it like you mean it
A Long time ago in Egypt cats were worshipped as Gods, cats have not forgotten this !

Blue Box Studio

Quote from: mel on May 08, 2014, 06:57:38 PM
There's a very unobvious drop down arrow just above the link, all the sizes should then come up. Took me ages last time to find it.

So there is.  they don't make it obvious!  Thanks for that.
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Pat from Canvey

Niki Gough

Thanks Nammie for picking this up, I have been poorly recently so not been on frit for a while but am hopefully starting to get sorted so really pleased to see this challenge as will help me get a starting point to get back on the torch.

Also can I just say what beautiful entries have already been made, all brilliant well done everyone and Sue I really love those lentils x
Niki x
N Designs Crafts

Every oops is an aah waiting to happen.

Blue Box Studio

Quote from: GlassByNiki on May 09, 2014, 07:11:43 AM
and Sue I really love those lentils x

One of them is now a pendant and the prize in PIF180.....

I was quite pleased with them, something a bit different, but having put them on the FB bead selling groups no one seemed to like them, hence 2 making it to pendants.
Sue

DementedMagpie

This is what I ended up making. Playing with a couple of things I haven't done much of before, namely encasing twisties and squishing things into cuboid shape.

Kathy

Blog - Flickr - Etsy - Facebook

ajda

Twisting, encasing, squishing - sounds cool and looks great. I like the decoration on the surface of the encasing, giving an added dimension...
Alan
www.ajdalampwork.etsy.com

Blue Box Studio

Sue

Les

Lovely entries already :)

Here's a black and white bead I made the other day. I think I am also going to make a black and white owl especially for this challenge tomorrow too :)

1907987_10152552058783973_6194903342338400127_n by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

flowerjasper

Love that hare Les,my computer  is on its last legs and playing up , it takes an age to upload any photos with flickr  :(
Its such a pain , I have been using my phone camera and  Facebook to sell beads  till I sort it out,
Love all the back and white beads shown, was thinking earlier that I should do a black and white floral set,
Sandy

ajda

Nice work Les - my shaky fingers make that kind of stringer work impossible!
Alan
www.ajdalampwork.etsy.com

Essex Girl

Karen
x

Jane C ♫

So glad the challenge is up and running again - I've missed it!

Nice to have a theme / colour to push me to get back on the torch!
Hand Painted Silk and Fused Glass Artist.
Lampwork Beginner!
Website

Niki Gough

Beautiful beads everyone. I thought I would give it a go so here is my little bead set using Black & White so of course it looks purple :)

Black and White by niknaksdesigns, on Flickr

(Sorry started a flickr account as my old photo storage have started charging and no idea how to link pictures!!)

*Modified many times trying to figure out how to link the picture and this is the best I can do so hope it os ok.
Niki x
N Designs Crafts

Every oops is an aah waiting to happen.

Skyblue

Heres my attempt with black and white, it started out as a focal bead but all ran into each other so I pulled it into a focal and dont like it very much. :)