Frit-Happens !
December 13, 2019, 09:05:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
your ad here
News:
Where are you?? Add yourself to the NEW FHF map here  | On flickr? Join our Frit Happens group: here

VISIT THE WIKI HERE
Get FH Status updates via twitter @FritHappens

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Monthly Colour Challenge May 2014 *Up and running!*  (Read 7281 times)
Pat from Canvey
Only a little bit odd
Forum Member

Keep on blowing

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2014, 05:49:41 AM »

OK Here's a bead I made yesterday,

Blue Box Studio
Blue sky thinking & a load of hot air
Forum Member

Just give me the coffee and no one gets hurt!

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2014, 06:19:35 AM »

I like both of those Smiley  I have so little decent white left that, when I finally get out there, it will have to be the accent not the main colour I think.  Have an idea in my head, not sure if it will work or not.

helbels
Proudly achieving mediocrity since Sept 2009.
Forum Member

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2014, 06:23:38 AM »

Here's mine... sorry my photo doesn't really pick up the dichro - it's very sparkly in real life.  And it also reminds me of a badger:

IMG_1288 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

Glassy Lou
Melter of glass and fingers
Forum Member

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2014, 07:20:38 AM »

All amazing. The boro black and white plays very nicely together, Pat I love yours - it reminds me of calligraphy.
And Helen, the world needs more sparkly badgers - gorgeous x

Kalorlo
Forum Member

Heather Kelly Glass

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2014, 08:03:38 AM »

If anyone wants yet more challenges, remember the GBUK monthly ones are open to everyone too! (No prizes, members go in the glossi magazine, which everyone can read)

Nammie
AKA Anna
Forum Member

Spending far too much time watching her avatar...

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2014, 12:07:53 PM »

I'd say we were definitely off and running here with some fab beads already!

Just to clarify for first timers (and those with memories like mine):

Yes, all you have to do is post a pic of your black and white efforts in this post.
Yes, you can post as many pics as you like during the month, sometimes its good to see an idea evolve (You'll only go in the draw once for whatever prize I get sorted out)
Yes, we'll take your fuglies too Smiley No harm in telling us what doesn't work
Yes, the colours can be just an accent (Sue, I have some Soft White if you'd like some posted...  Roll Eyes )

I'm just waiting for a bit more info about prizes but I will get something sorted out before the end of the month, watch this space....

Blue Box Studio
Forum Member

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2014, 04:15:15 PM »

(Sue, I have some Soft White if you'd like some posted...  Roll Eyes )

Thanks but I don't use a lot of it normally so will manage with what I have.  There is the vaguest chance some of it made it into tongue pink pile - OH thought all clears should go together and all 'white' should go together when he helped me sort my glass out!  I learned the hard way to label everything BEFORE it goes in the shedio!

Nammie
AKA Anna
Forum Member

Spending far too much time watching her avatar...

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2014, 04:28:01 PM »

Thanks but I don't use a lot of it normally so will manage with what I have.  There is the vaguest chance some of it made it into tongue pink pile - OH thought all clears should go together and all 'white' should go together when he helped me sort my glass out!  I learned the hard way to label everything BEFORE it goes in the shedio!

That was a much more measured response than I was expecting Smiley I was ducking and expecting some four letter words which didn't include 'frit'.... Smiley

Skyblue
Forum Member

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2014, 06:22:30 PM »

Some lovely beads so far Smiley im so glad you have restarted this nammie. Hoping to get on the torch tomorrow and make something for this.

Blue Box Studio
Forum Member

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2014, 06:52:10 PM »

That was a much more measured response than I was expecting Smiley I was ducking and expecting some four letter words which didn't include 'frit'.... Smiley

You should have said you wanted my normal response to white glass!  I do try hard to keep my language appropriate - now I've been made redundant and living off what I can make from beads I'm having to limit my output of F words that cost 2 in the cuss box Smiley

But thank you for your offer anyway (no expletives needed).

jeannette
Forum Member

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2014, 04:34:01 PM »

Yay I have required colours, and total lack of experience Smiley

Bank holiday beads! by Jeannette Copeland, on Flickr
ajda
Forum Member

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2014, 05:08:34 PM »

Nice calligraphy, Jeannette!

Blue Box Studio
Forum Member

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2014, 01:38:17 PM »

I've really struggled to get any daylight today, sorry about the photo (but they are now made into pendants so can't re-do)

These are black with silvered white twistie - didn't know what effect I'd get but 'different'.  Might try it with other colours, as it has fumed the black in places.

Black & white by Blue Box Studio, on Flickr
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 02:30:11 PM by Blue Box Studio » Logged

mel
Forum Member

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2014, 01:57:38 PM »

There's a very unobvious drop down arrow just above the link, all the sizes should then come up. Took me ages last time to find it.

Laughinglass Lampwork Beads
mel
Forum Member

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2014, 01:58:44 PM »

Nice beads by the way, the silvered white looks lovely.

Laughinglass Lampwork Beads
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: