Monthly Colour Challenge May 2014 *Up and running!*

Started by Nammie, May 02, 2014, 12:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat from Canvey

Blue Box Studio

I like both of those :)  I have so little decent white left that, when I finally get out there, it will have to be the accent not the main colour I think.  Have an idea in my head, not sure if it will work or not.
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

helbels

Here's mine... sorry my photo doesn't really pick up the dichro - it's very sparkly in real life.  And it also reminds me of a badger:

IMG_1288 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

Glassy Lou

All amazing. The boro black and white plays very nicely together, Pat I love yours - it reminds me of calligraphy.
And Helen, the world needs more sparkly badgers - gorgeous x

Kalorlo

If anyone wants yet more challenges, remember the GBUK monthly ones are open to everyone too! (No prizes, members go in the glossi magazine, which everyone can read)

Nammie

I'd say we were definitely off and running here with some fab beads already!

Just to clarify for first timers (and those with memories like mine):

Yes, all you have to do is post a pic of your black and white efforts in this post.
Yes, you can post as many pics as you like during the month, sometimes its good to see an idea evolve (You'll only go in the draw once for whatever prize I get sorted out)
Yes, we'll take your fuglies too :) No harm in telling us what doesn't work
Yes, the colours can be just an accent (Sue, I have some Soft White if you'd like some posted...  ::) )

I'm just waiting for a bit more info about prizes but I will get something sorted out before the end of the month, watch this space....

Blue Box Studio

Quote from: Nammie on May 04, 2014, 05:07:53 PM
(Sue, I have some Soft White if you'd like some posted...  ::) )

Thanks but I don't use a lot of it normally so will manage with what I have.  There is the vaguest chance some of it made it into tongue pink pile - OH thought all clears should go together and all 'white' should go together when he helped me sort my glass out!  I learned the hard way to label everything BEFORE it goes in the shedio!
Sue

Nammie

Quote from: Blue Box Studio on May 04, 2014, 09:15:15 PM

Thanks but I don't use a lot of it normally so will manage with what I have.  There is the vaguest chance some of it made it into tongue pink pile - OH thought all clears should go together and all 'white' should go together when he helped me sort my glass out!  I learned the hard way to label everything BEFORE it goes in the shedio!

That was a much more measured response than I was expecting :) I was ducking and expecting some four letter words which didn't include 'frit'.... :)

Skyblue

Some lovely beads so far :) im so glad you have restarted this nammie. Hoping to get on the torch tomorrow and make something for this.

Blue Box Studio

Quote from: Nammie on May 04, 2014, 09:28:01 PM
Quote from: Blue Box Studio on May 04, 2014, 09:15:15 PM

That was a much more measured response than I was expecting :) I was ducking and expecting some four letter words which didn't include 'frit'.... :)

You should have said you wanted my normal response to white glass!  I do try hard to keep my language appropriate - now I've been made redundant and living off what I can make from beads I'm having to limit my output of F words that cost £2 in the cuss box :)

But thank you for your offer anyway (no expletives needed).
Sue

jeannette

Yay I have required colours, and total lack of experience :)

Bank holiday beads! by Jeannette Copeland, on Flickr

ajda

Alan
www.ajdalampwork.etsy.com

Blue Box Studio

I've really struggled to get any daylight today, sorry about the photo (but they are now made into pendants so can't re-do)

These are black with silvered white twistie - didn't know what effect I'd get but 'different'.  Might try it with other colours, as it has fumed the black in places.

Black & white by Blue Box Studio, on Flickr
Sue

mel

There's a very unobvious drop down arrow just above the link, all the sizes should then come up. Took me ages last time to find it.
Laughinglass Lampwork Beads

mel

Nice beads by the way, the silvered white looks lovely.
Laughinglass Lampwork Beads