Main Menu

Bulk Fuel

Started by Greeneyes, April 15, 2014, 08:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greeneyes

Hi there, I am new to this forum and bead making too.  I started around 2 months ago and have a hot head torch and Mapp gas canister.  It is driving me insane as it doesn't stay alight and I have ruined many a bead (albeit it not very good beads) by the flame going out and not being able to relight it.  I have ordered a bulk fuel kit from Tuffnell which I hope will arrive tomorrow and I have my gas canister all ready.  Now I know one of the reasons the mapp gas doesn't stay alight is because it gets too cold.  Please tell me that won't be a problem with the big gas canister when I use it...... Thank you for any help....

helbels

No, it won't be a problem at all with the bulk kit.  You can happily torch away for hours at a time with no issues with cold/hot or anything else!.  You'll be so happy you switched :)

Nicknack

Greeneyes

Phew, thank you for that.  Maybe I will be able to make something worth looking at when I am a) not rushing to get it finished before the gas goes out, and b) am also getting a torch mount so I can sit down and make beads.  I have to stand at the moment as the torch on the top of the mapp gas make it too tall to sit.  

Trudi

It's like a whole new world .....