Main Menu

Selling marbles

Started by Lotti, March 03, 2014, 05:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotti

Thinking about trying to sell some of my lovlies!  Was talking to the local gallery who sell some of my jewellery bits and they are not sure they have a market for them and I don't think the little shop/workshop I share with 3 others in Bude will be the right place for them.  Thinking then about just trying on Etsy?  Would welcome any thoughts on this subject! :)  A recent one to show (not that recent but only just managed to take a reasonable photo of it - not brilliant, they are tricky things to take pictures of!).

Sorry if you have seen this elsewhere :)

Steampunkglass

You do get a few marble collectors stalking around Etsy and Ebay, but they can be very particular in what they want. Some will collect certain styles only, some will only buy well know 'big' makers, and some will just buy ones they like. Your chances will be greatly improved with excellent photos, original and unusual designs, well finished marbles and plenty of persistence to get yourself noticed. In many regards it's probably not much different to beads, all the things that make beads sell will be the same for marbles, except with maybe a smaller amount of collectors. Good luck!

SilverGems89

Try some of the selling groups on facebook, I have bought quite a few from makers near and far through them and most people seem to do well  :)