Torch flame surging

Started by mindy23, November 28, 2007, 06:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary

Mindy, shall I tell you about my ventilation? As I said, I'm in the conservatory. Hubby took out one of the fanlights and fitted the ducting right to the opening, with a side hole where my propane pipe comes in. He built a big box round my table, with the fan mounted in the "ceiling." The box helps to cut the glare from the sunlight too. It works really well for me.

Billie

Quote from: glassworks on November 29, 2007, 10:29:20 AM
no problem... the difficulty is that the oxycons are designed to work indoors next to the patient.. the best thing i may be able to suggest is making a simple polystyrene "box" out of poly sheets - with a decent hole to allow air to get in.. this would at least let the heat from the machines keep themselves warm.. please ensure that the hole for the air inlet is next to the inlet on the back of the oxycons though!.. this whole contraption could be lashed together with tape and only requires a knife to carve..

please make sure the oxycons also stand on a sheet of insulation, to keep their "feet" warm...

??? ;D ;D

I need to make a little protective "sleeve" for mine now I'm working in a cold damp cellar...  Would wrapping it in bubble-wrap work do your think?

glassworks

anything that allows the unit to remain a bit on the warmer side - but just make REALLY sure the vent is unimpeded!!!  ;D ;D ;D