Main Menu

My first foray

Started by Lotti, October 18, 2013, 01:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotti

Well it's started!  Had a wonderful couple of days with Emma up in the Lakes, a very very patient and excellent teacher and of course I also got the chance to see her lovely work in the flesh, those chandeliers are something else!!!!  Rather than write a great long post about it, I updated my blog (sorry), it's not a long blog post my brain is too full of ideas and things at the moment!  Got a great big shopping list and a great big list of things to do and try and ......

Also to say that I had quite a bit of fun on the way up (just under 800 miles round trip and worth every mile by the way!), 'waving' at various FH's on the way up, probably missed loads, but waved at (all the Devon ones on my route of course, but I get to 'wave' at them quite a bit), Sam, Sue, George, Julie (Lush) and Lesley Jane, wish I could have had time to pop in and say Hi to folks, I don't get out of this part of the world very often!

Anyway, lots to think about and probably LOTS of questions to come (first one is going to be about a torch but will do that separately to this), and here is the link to my Blog (sorry if you have seen this elsewhere!). http://glassbeadsbylotti.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/venturing-into-pastures-new.html

Jane C ♫

Hand Painted Silk and Fused Glass Artist.
Lampwork Beginner!
Website

Steampunkglass

Great read, sounds like you had fun and came away with some lovely glass, I bet Emma's left you buzzing with ideas  ;D Welcome to your new addiction  ;)

ruth

Well Lotti you passed within a mile of my house twice! If I had known I would have stood outside and waved back at you.

It sounds like you had a great time and those implosion beads are fabulous. The tree is lovely,and a little haunting.

Ruth
Sewnthings
Frittering the children's inheritance.

Lotti

Oh Ruth so sorry, belated 'wave' now!

Yes lots and lots and lots of ideas!  I am in the shop/studio I share with some fusing ladies today and it is going to be a quiet one, so am taking my note book and am going to try to structure myself a bit to work out what I want and what I absolutely need to start with!!!!  Emma is amazing and sooo helpful (and VERY patient - she needed to be!).  The implosions are fab (if I say so myself) I have tried before with 104 and they just never worked out right, I just couldn't control the glass tbh.  Have been very quiet on FH for the last year or so for a variety of reasons, but hope to be a bit more active on here now! :)